DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavis mini in Quito, Ecuador

Radioreid

Reactions
I'm currently on vacation in Quito. When I try to connect my mini I get a message that says ,"location unavailable, open sky is currently unavailable in this area"
Is there a workaround to this?

I checked the DJI flysafe map and nothing outside the airport looks restricted. I suggest calling good 'ol DJI and getting assistance. Sorry it has to take time out of your vacation. Quito has so many cool things to film.

I checked the DJI flysafe map and nothing outside the airport looks restricted. I suggest calling good 'ol DJI and getting assistance. Sorry it has to take time out of your vacation. Quito has so many cool things to film.
Appreciate the response. To clarify I am on permanent vacation, so I don't mind.:)
Are the a pain to get a hold of?
Looking forward to doing some flying here!

Appreciate the response. To clarify I am on permanent vacation, so I don't mind.:)
Are the a pain to get a hold of?
Looking forward to doing some flying here!
I was in Quito for a week after visiting the Galapagos some years ago. Beautiful country. You should be able to work things out with your drone as I can't see anything on the map that should prevent you from flying outside of the small RZ near the airport.

FWIW I hated the taste of the water there- even bottled water and everything that was cooked in it. What is is about the minerals in the water that make it taste like nowhere else? Other than that my time there was lovely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird