DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying my Mavic Air 2 in the Rain!

Nolan Silvius

Reactions

I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago flying my drone and it started to rain. The Mavic Air 2 is not waterproof; I would not recommend taking it up in heavy rain. However, in my case, the rain was very light, so I felt ok flying it around a little bit. It was fairly windy, so some of the footage is a little shaky and it was sometimes difficult to fly in a perfectly straight line.

Let me know if you can see a faint rainbow in some of the shots.

You could get the waterproofing from Coal just to be ready for the next time. Home

Most of us know that moisture and electronic do not like each other.

Last edited:

I was at the beach a couple of weeks ago flying my drone and it started to rain. The Mavic Air 2 is not waterproof; I would not recommend taking it up in heavy rain. However, in my case, the rain was very light, so I felt ok flying it around a little bit. It was fairly windy, so some of the footage is a little shaky and it was sometimes difficult to fly in a perfectly straight line.

Let me know if you can see a faint rainbow in some of the shots.
Great video! I really enjoyed it, even though I'm personally not a fan of sped up video, even though I understand why people do it. By looking at the flag at the end of the pier it looked like a constant wind was blowing. You're a braver man than I with that wind! Great work!

Reactions: Nolan Silvius
Great video! I really enjoyed it, even though I'm personally not a fan of sped up video, even though I understand why people do it. By looking at the flag at the end of the pier it looked like a constant wind was blowing. You're a braver man than I with that wind! Great work!

Thank you! Yes, it was very windy!

I think there is a place for sped-up video. The original shot circling the pier would have been a minute long if I left it as it was shot, which would have looked nice but would bore many people and cause them to stop watching.

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Thumbswayup
Thank you! Yes, it was very windy!

I think there is a place for sped-up video. The original shot circling the pier would have been a minute long if I left it as it was shot, which would have looked nice but would bore many people and cause them to stop watching.
Oh yeah, I get it. There is a time and place for the sped-up video in many circumstances. Not criticizing it at all. It's a great video. :)Thumbswayup

Reactions: Nolan Silvius
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada