DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near cruise ship port

mavic1111

Reactions
Hi guys, I would like to take some aerial pics of some cruise ships docked here in south florida. I would like to fly at a max altitude of 150 feet. The airspace more than 5 miles from an international airport and is class B from 1500 to 7000 feet so technically id be well under that charted altitude so I should be allowed to fly right?. I cant seem to find any specific regulation about flying near docked cruise ships. Do you guys see any problems ?

Keep a respectable distance and don't give them a reason to get nervous. Get closer with the camera zoom instead of the drone if you can. Don't fly over it.

I honestly have not searched for regulations but keep in mind that a lot of times the rules get written in response to an incident. Don't give them a reason to write another one.

Reactions: MikeyMikeOZ
Hi guys, I would like to take some aerial pics of some cruise ships docked here in south florida. I would like to fly at a max altitude of 150 feet. The airspace more than 5 miles from an international airport and is class B from 1500 to 7000 feet so technically id be well under that charted altitude so I should be allowed to fly right?. I cant seem to find any specific regulation about flying near docked cruise ships. Do you guys see any problems ?

I fly from inside my truck. First I take off and go to 400ft. Fly over to your target and then descend...... slowly to the altitude you want to fly. 99% of the time, you’ll never be seen when leaving. Back up to 400ft and return to the back of my truck.

Don’t you get magnetic interference from your truck bed when taking off?
I land on my tonneau cover, but don’t take off from it.

Don’t you get magnetic interference from your truck bed when taking off?
I land on my tonneau cover, but don’t take off from it.

I sit inside my truck in the AC ..........the drone is about 20 yards out front of the truck on a landing pad.

Reactions: MikeyMikeOZ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada