DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying on/in Lanzarote

Misand

Reactions
Hi out there......
Anyone having experiences in drone flying on Lanzarote, restrictions beyond normal or...???
I’ll mainly fly using “follow me” on my bike trios across the island

Problem I see, is that the Country's rules means only certain areas are allowed, yet DJI FlySafe opens up 80% of the restricted space.

DJI doing their users no favours at all.

You can check here Spain restrictions
90% of lanzarote are airport and militar areas

Last edited:
Hi,
I have just been on Lanzarote for 2 weeks. Before going there I prepared myself and studied all available drone relevant information on how and where to legally fly my newest drone - a mavic mini - on the island.

This preparation was already quite frustrating as there are only few areas where you can fly:

- on the hills west of playa de mucheres
- around the north of montana roja
- at the lighthouse "faro de punta pechiguera" at the south west corner of the island
- close to the playa de janubio south of the salina de janubio
- in a small corridor a Playa Quemada

Having been at all these locations I can only express great disappointment because IMHO except the playa de mucheres and the lighthouse no subjects are worth filming.

Above all that the constant wind velocity was far too high to safely navigate the mini. Even for my other drone, that I left at home, my mavic 2 zoom, the wind would have been a challenge and risk.

And almost always the water / beach / cliffs are off limits because of nature and or bird protection areas. So you can not legally fly out over the water and film the cliffs or beach from there.

I don't know how the various drone videos about Lanzarote you can find on youTube have been legally made.

So just enjoy this magnificent island use a 4k camera like my osmo pocket and film from the various "mirador" vista points.

You can get great panoramas of the the island from the "Mirador de Erimita de las nieves" and from the great pirate fortress "Castillo de Santa Barbera" east of Teguise.
Make a time lapse video at "Mirador del rio" where the clouds constantly grow from the north and dissipate moving west.

I know this is a bit off topic but maybe one of the readers catches my excitement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC