DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Opportunity

Reactions
Hi All,

As the owner of AREA 51 Food Park I thought it would be great to open up the RESTRICTED AIR SPACE over the park to drone enthusiasts. It is a 10 acre parcel with plenty of space to fly and minimum overhead obstacles. Located on the NW side of town 1.6 miles outside Loop 1604 at 12275 Potranco road (outside city limits).

Designated flying time is currently 5 to 8pm Fridays and Saturdays. Piloting will be done from an area isolated from the food park itself, where the soccer fields are located. Hoping to have drone flying events such as flying classes and education, drone parades, competitions and more in the not too distant future.

Feel free to notify any drone owners of the opportunity and bring out your "toys" , you might even decide to enjoy some great food while you are there. You can find us on Facebook (Area 51 Food Park).

Info: 210-214-1748

Anthony Hoffman

...open up the RESTRICTED AIR SPACE over the park...

Very cool, but I’m not seeing any Restricted Airspace at that location. Nearest Surface Controlled is KSFS (Kelly Field) Class D. Which Restricted Airspace are you referring to?

Thomas, the piloting area and "restricted" airspace is segregated from the crowds. It is a 10 acre plot and piloting will be off the soccer fields. Point well taken, others may have misconstrued the opportunity as well....Might be worth checking out prior to casting doubt to see if it a viable flying location for you. Either way, we have already had visitors flying there and they love it. Not sure if google earth may be of value, look up 12275 Potranco road.

Are these drone gatherings still happening? I'd like to check it out this weekend. [emoji106]

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara