DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying outdoors and then going inside

DengelPush

Reactions
I had an idea for a cool shot where I flew down from above my house and then went in the front door.

That got me thinking; having flown the Mavic indoors numerous times in ATTI mode, what happens when you are flying starting out in GPS and then go into ATTI?

I assume when I am flying inside that a home point is never set because I'm in ATTI mode, is that correct?

I had an idea for a cool shot where I flew down from above my house and then went in the front door.

That got me thinking; having flown the Mavic indoors numerous times in ATTI mode, what happens when you are flying starting out in GPS and then go into ATTI?

I assume when I am flying inside that a home point is never set because I'm in ATTI mode, is that correct?

I am currently testing this concept.

If the ambient light inside is adequate, flying in vision mode is no different than gps.

Without enough light in straight up Atti mode, that's a different story!

I am currently testing this concept.

If the ambient light inside is adequate, flying in vision mode is no different than gps.

Without enough light in straight up Atti mode, that's a different story!
And fly over a well defined pattern rug so as to not confuse the vision sensors with plain beige.

And fly over a well defined pattern rug so as to not confuse the vision sensors with plain beige.

And without cages....flying inside is super dangerous....in my opinion. Not dangerous as far as humans are concerned, but potentially dangerous for the aircraft and the walls.

In trying to keep warm (in the winter) I took off from a table in a 2nd floor theater room and flew it out a window then when I came back flew it back in the widow the land on the table. Worked perfectly fine, although had to go slow through the window since it was a small window, not for the faint of heart.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7