DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over 400 feet

ag108

Reactions
Hey guys I saw this video one YouTube and this guy explains how someone can fly over 400 ft

2a6d93e182dab4880ee281da109b6cda.jpg

Is this true if your flying over something you can raise you max altitude??

Read the description of the video. Buried within it he added that it only applies to people who are flying under part 107. It _does not_ apply to hobby flight.

For hobby flight there is no 400' limit regulation. It's only a recommendation.

Been beat to death on this forum.

Hobbyists need not worry about the FAA restriction. But, to answer your question, yes, flying over or close to a structure, you can fly 400 above it.

Like tcope stated, this applies to commercial flights (part 107). Hobbyists can fly all will nilly wherever they feel the need. LOL.

Read the description of the video. Buried within it he added that it only applies to people who are flying under part 107. It _does not_ apply to hobby flight.

For hobby flight there is no 400' limit regulation. It's only a recommendation.

Been beat to death on this forum.

New to the drone space and appreciate that the 400' limit has been beaten to death; however, I'm looking for an official source that says hobbyists aren't limited to 400' feet in height. Checked the FAA site and (as one would suspect) they don't make it super easy to find ... not that I can blame them.

New to the drone space and appreciate that the 400' limit has been beaten to death; however, I'm looking for an official source that says hobbyists aren't limited to 400' feet in height. Checked the FAA site and (as one would suspect) they don't make it super easy to find ... not that I can blame them.

There is a letter from the FAA to the AMA about this. A Google search should find you this letter. You won't find anywhere in the regs that there is no 400' limit as things that are not a reg are not listed.

Actually a copy of the letter is on the AMA's site:

FAA Acknowledges AMA as a CBO and our Safety Program | AMA Government Relations Blog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots