DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying restrictions in america

Cdterepai

Reactions
hi my name is chris and I've been flying my drone for atleast 1 year now and I'm flying from australia to come to the States for a holiday just wanted to know if the drone laws are different in the States from America? in Australia you dont need a licence admin long as you:

- can see the drone
- drone is more them 30meters away from anyone
- done fly at night
- max altitude reading of 120meters

And a few other rules. And if anyone knows what I need to do as far as traveling with the drone on the plane, what do I do? thanks in advance.

hi my name is chris and I've been flying my drone for atleast 1 year now and I'm flying from australia to come to the States for a holiday just wanted to know if the drone laws are different in the States from America? in Australia you dont need a licence admin long as you:

- can see the drone
- drone is more them 30meters away from anyone
- done fly at night
- max altitude reading of 120meters

And a few other rules. And if anyone knows what I need to do as far as traveling with the drone on the plane, what do I do? thanks in advance.

Taken right from the FAA link I posted earlier.

“I'm a foreign national and want to fly my UAS in the U.S. on vacation. Do I have to register before flying?
If you are a foreign national and you are not eligible to register your sUAS in the United States there are two ways for you to operate. If you want to operate your UAS exclusively in accordance with the Special Rule for Model Aircraft, you may complete the process provided in the web-based registration portal for section 336 aircraft. The agency will consider the certificate that is issued to be a recognition of ownership rather than a certificate of U.S. aircraft registration. These conditions are consistent with and impose no greater burden than the requirements imposed on U.S. citizens conducting model aircraft operations in the U.S.
Alternatively, if you want to operate your UAS for commercial purposes, you must register your UAS in the country in which you are eligible to register and obtain operating authority from the Department of Transportation.
For more information and guidance regarding authorities for non-U.S. citizens, please contact the Department's Foreign Air Carrier Licensing Division.”

Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS