DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Scotsman steam train on the Swanage Railway by Drone Dorset Mavic2pro

Very nicely done! I like how it seemed like you increased the pace of the music to match the pace of the train in places.

Reactions: Jason_sturgess
Very nice ;) it’s great to see the Flying Scotsman in its fall glory. Can’t beat steamThumbswayup

Excellent, I film a lot of trains including once the FS and yours is very good.Unsure what Mavic you have presumably not the zoom as you I am sure would have ventured going closer in on the loco once or twice. Seems nice and flat around the railway and being winter no trees in leaf to obscure the view. As you show the tracking shot is so much better than the yaw follow. The Swanage Railway people I am sure will be well served.

Very nicely done! I like how it seemed like you increased the pace of the music to match the pace of the train in places.

Thank you it was hard finding a track to fit well with the Steam train but I think this one works well , I did also add in the steam train sounds from other videos in the background :)

Excellent, I film a lot of trains including once the FS and yours is very good.Unsure what Mavic you have presumably not the zoom as you I am sure would have ventured going closer in on the loco once or twice. Seems nice and flat around the railway and being winter no trees in leaf to obscure the view. As you show the tracking shot is so much better than the yaw follow. The Swanage Railway people I am sure will be well served.

Thank you , I filmed this on the Mavic 2 pro all Free hand using the Ipad Pro :) Basically just getting that fly back angle correct and keeping it pulled back , I spent a good 6 hours at Swanage railway that day filming it 4 times in total from 11 am until 16:00 and then combined the best bits together in Prem Pro ,

I was stopping the record button and quickly getting photos in the process and then having to chase after the train and get the angle right again so lots to do in such little time but it all come together nice.

Who doesn't love drone footage of trains?
Nice mix of train sounds into the soundtrack with the music. Not to loud so seemingly realistic.

I noticed what appeared to be a MP fly across the top of the frame beginning at minute 1:32

Great piece of footage Jason, what camera settings did you have? I liked the colour, exposure setting and sharpness
Thank you ? I always use these settings now when filming on MP2 ISO 100 always F4 , Shutter speed around 1/60 or 1/120 but doesn’t really matter from my experience! Not when filming at 30 FPS , I prefer this over the 24 FPS , so I always film at 30 , I use the HQ 4K Video setting ? Always use the Histogram & try get all the bumps as level as possible when getting the exposure correct , rule of thumb the sky should only be a slight blue on a sunny day. Expose away from the sun not in to it for the best footage & try fly in front of it not towards it ? when taken photos again I use F4 & use AEB mode 3 shots at different exposure & then comebine them in LR in the HDR mode , hope this helps , also use the correct white balance depending on the day , so sunny on sunny day or cloudy in Snow works best , I don’t use the 10bit mode yet just the normal one , I don’t touch any of the other settings they are all default of 0 !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000