DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying the MP vrs the spark

Playthru

Reactions
Those of you who have both is there that much difference in flying each of them as far as handling and ease of flying?
If you had to pick one has your every day flyer which one would you choose?
I know the gimble and the camera is better in the MP.

This is a tough question to answer because sometimes I feel like eating an apple, other times I prefer an orange. They're both fruit, but they taste remarkably different.

I have way more flights on my Spark than my Mavic, but that's hardly anything to compare since the spark is out of battery in 10 min compared to nearly 30 on the Mavic.

Spark feels more agile/nimble because of it's small size, and is way fun if you're flying it in close. To me, however, if you're going to fly it out further than a football field, I feel much more comfortable with the Mavic.

When I just want to fly a little bit for fun, I use the Spark. When I want to FLY because I love to fly, I use the Mavic. Not sure any of this helps. Sorry.

Reactions: wowography
I have both and have only flew the spark twice because of lousy weather and never flew the MP.

Control-wise, they are very similar. If you can fly one DJI consumer drone, you can easily fly another DJI consumer drone.

This is a tough question to answer because sometimes I feel like eating an apple, other times I prefer an orange. They're both fruit, but they taste remarkably different.

I have way more flights on my Spark than my Mavic, but that's hardly anything to compare since the spark is out of battery in 10 min compared to nearly 30 on the Mavic.

Spark feels more agile/nimble because of it's small size, and is way fun if you're flying it in close. To me, however, if you're going to fly it out further than a football field, I feel much more comfortable with the Mavic.

When I just want to fly a little bit for fun, I use the Spark. When I want to FLY because I love to fly, I use the Mavic. Not sure any of this helps. Sorry.

Just like Zezrum said, flying to FLY use the MP. I find myself wanting to fly the Spark more since it is smaller and less noticeable, but it does have distance limitations. I started with the MP and got use to the distance. So when I started using the Spark it was constantly losing signal and luckily the RTH is great so I haven't lost it yet. I'd probably use the Spark for fun and close by flying and the MP for the really farther out stuff and anything that I would need 4K video or 1080/60p video for since the Spark only does 1080/30p. Just my 2 cents.

They have their different applications. Spark feels safer when flying near people (friends/relatives to show off), especially indoors. And spark has more hand gesture features, like launching/landing and taking photos without RC. Mavic might look a bit dangerous to people when close by cos it's bigger. I zip around with the Spark in open field no further than 500m, cos the video transmission lags a bit. Sometimes, the image freezes for a second or so before refreshing. A bit scary if you are approaching a tree at high speed. Mavic gives you better range, video transmission is more stable and longer flight time.
I'll be going to NZ on the weekend. A bit of dilemma deciding if I should bring my Spark or Mavic. Mavic will be for when I go sight-seeing. But I've got a cousin's wedding, and the Spark would feel like a better option to take videos around guests. Although, reading about fines and litigation at weddings relating to drones, maybe I won't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark