DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Things To Do?

rayrod354

Reactions
I know the DJI app is available but what do you guys do when flying? Do you all use the DJI app for flying? If not what’s a better app to use? Besides the B4UFLY app what else are you guys checking or apps are you guys using? Thanks... Just a noob trying to learn.

If flying in controlled airspace, you'll need Airmap or Kittyhawk to submit clearance requests through LAANC. B4UFly is horrible and now just a cut down version of Kittyhawk from what I understand. Have you registered with FAA yet?
UAV Forecast is good to get wind forecast and wind info at higher altitudes.

I would recommend stick with the Go app for flying for now until you get familiar with the hobby. Take it slow. In many ways it's like learning to drive a car where you drive in a large parking lot and quiet residential streets before going on the interstate. In this case find a nice field, like a football/soccer field in a park.

Last edited:
If flying in controlled airspace, you'll need Airmap or Kittyhawk to submit clearance requests through LAANC. B4UFly is horrible and now just a cut down version of Kittyhawk from what I understand. Have you registered with FAA yet?
UAV Forecast is good to get wind forecast and wind info at higher altitudes.

I would recommend stick with the Go app for flying for now until you get familiar with the hobby. Take it slow. In many ways it's like learning to drive a car where you drive in a large parking lot and quiet residential streets before going on the interstate. In this case find a nice field, like a football/soccer field in a park.

Yeah I’ve registered. And I’d normally go to one of the local parks with a large field and practice there. And i’ll look at the apps you mentioned. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000