DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Flying through Autumn Fog - Fall in the Pacific Northwest

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

The fog and mist of autumn lie heavy on the low hills of Southwest Washington. The clouds run like rivers of cotton candy down the slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range to pool in quiet valleys, cloaking farms and forests in a quieting hush of somber silence. The fog creates different worlds, the spooky haunted land of evening when it flickers like a living thing through the marsh grasses, the moonlit grandeur of its rise skyward in the night, and the seldom seen fairlyland that lives so briefly in the hours of dawn, glimpsed only by airplanes, drone pilots, and a few lucky hikers on mountain peaks. Autumn fog is a magical thing indeed.

I filmed this video with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the Nikon Z6.

This was a really a treat, my only thought was that you can afford to take out some of the video that was not in perfect focus in the beginning because 95% of the video was EPIC . .. .

Stellar!!!

This was a really a treat, my only thought was that you can afford to take out some of the video that was not in perfect focus in the beginning because 95% of the video was EPIC . .. .
Thanks, the footage early on was in focus, but was filmed at high ISO in low light conditions at dusk so it was very noisy. I considered not using it but I wanted to show the evening mist from an aerial perspective - the way the low lying fog becomes suddenly visible or invisible depending on your angle of view.

Hmm, only a few comments? This is one of the most professional videos I’ve seen on this forum. Conceptualizing a video, much of which was shot at night or in relative darkness with only shadows and silhouettes, minimal action is true vision. Most pilots would have said... ‘Well, it’s overcast, no sun, colors are dead and I don’t want to lose my drone in the fog, so I’m staying in bed.’
Excellent choice for a backing track. Probably the most appropriate musically and lyrically I’ve heard. Well done. You earned a subscriber for that one. Every pilot on this forum needs to study your filming and editing ‘cause this is a masterclass.

Reactions: Drbobk
Hmm, only a few comments? This is one of the most professional videos I’ve seen on this forum. Conceptualizing a video, much of which was shot at night or in relative darkness with only shadows and silhouettes, minimal action is true vision. Most pilots would have said... ‘Well, it’s overcast, no sun, colors are dead and I don’t want to lose my drone in the fog, so I’m staying in bed.’
Excellent choice for a backing track. Probably the most appropriate musically and lyrically I’ve heard. Well done. You earned a subscriber for that one. Every pilot on this forum needs to study your filming and editing ‘cause this is a masterclass.
Thank you very much! That is high praise indeed, and I truly appreciate it.

The fog and mist of autumn lie heavy on the low hills of Southwest Washington. The clouds run like rivers of cotton candy down the slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range to pool in quiet valleys, cloaking farms and forests in a quieting hush of somber silence. The fog creates different worlds, the spooky haunted land of evening when it flickers like a living thing through the marsh grasses, the moonlit grandeur of its rise skyward in the night, and the seldom seen fairlyland that lives so briefly in the hours of dawn, glimpsed only by airplanes, drone pilots, and a few lucky hikers on mountain peaks. Autumn fog is a magical thing indeed.

I filmed this video with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the Nikon Z6.
Nice shot, nice soundtrack!

It’s hard to be effusive enough about that video. It seems like a real labor of love. Thanks for sharing, and making my morning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu