DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying through the forests (... my first autumn video)

MiDo21

Reactions
"Flying through the forests" is common expression (... in my native Czech language) describing favourite pre-teen young boy's activity consisting of running through nearest woods with loud gang of similar-age friends, building up sheds in tree-tops, picking & eating whatever looks eatable (... for young boys of my nature nearly every berry looked eatable) and regularly banging his mate's head by dry wood stick playing to be cops and thieves.

When that expression came to my mind recently (... in my early fifties) I said Why not again?
Enjoy

Michal
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You timed the fall colors very well and captured some awesome scenes. I like the wide aerials mixed with ground level cuts. Very well done.

Reactions: Ds67888
BTW - not easy flyin there- no GPS signal in that deep gorge makes drone drifting all the time unpredictably and those thin tree branches are pretty tricky too. With plenty of luck those shots costed me just one pair of props and few hours of cold sweating after hitting one of those branches hanging over the river.

BTW - not easy flyin there- no GPS signal in that deep gorge makes drone drifting all the time unpredictably and those thin tree branches are pretty tricky too. With plenty of luck those shots costed me just one pair of props and few hours of cold sweating after hitting one of those branches hanging over the river.
Great video!
I was just going to comment on the excellent piloting in those areas!

Great video. Can you please share what drone was used and your camera settings. Any filter attached to the lens?
Sure I can:
  • All footage taken by Mavic 2 Pro, round 5 hours of raw record
  • All recorded in 4K resolution
  • All recorded in 10bit D-log format, exported to H.264 MP4 format / 70000 bit /sec (... and destroyed completely later by YouTube compression :-(
  • Manual expo setting (F-stop preferably between 3,5-5,6)
  • ISO100 (open space shots) / ISO 200 when low light in forests
  • ND4 / ND8 filters used for out-of-forest shots (... where excess of light was)
  • Cut, mount & colour graded in Davinci Resolve 16.1
Do not hesitate to ask for details if needed

One auto-portrait from same series:
Drone-055_resize.jpg

M.

What a beautiful place . . .

Awesome footage, excellent videography and cinematic flying. Wow.

A master piece really. A lot of observations for the right path to follow, many hours of decisions in the mounting, acceleration, inversion of movement, transitions, colour corrections, ouf...congratulations.

Reactions: Gindra
Thank you so much for the info! Looking to do something similar in the US northeast as the leaves are beginning to turn. The colors you captured were amazing.

"Flying through the forests" is common expression (... in my native Czech language) describing favourite pre-teen young boy's activity consisting of running through nearest woods with loud gang of similar-age friends, building up sheds in tree-tops, picking & eating whatever looks eatable (... for young boys of my nature nearly every berry looked eatable) and regularly banging his mate's head by dry wood stick playing to be cops and thieves.

When that expression came to my mind recently (... in my early fifties) I said Why not again?
Enjoy

Michal
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Absolutely beautiful colours and well executed.

Reactions: Carb63
Outstanding work!!! Lots of time put into this and it paid off. Gorgeous views and outstanding piloting. Makes me want to do the same... Fly in the woods. lol.

Great video. And I don’t know what that lady was saying but I loved the sax. Had me bopping on the bus with my earphones on.

Enjoy

Michal
Well done, very nice forest.Nice colors

Enjoy

Michal
Very nice scenery. Great video. Where exactly is this? Czechlovakia?

Enjoy

Michal
I am very new to this. Drones is addictive. This footage is awesome

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent