DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying two Mavic 2's near each other?

JS1600

Reactions
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any issues with flying two Mavic 2's near each other?
The reason I ask is that I was wanting to with the help of another pilot take pictures of my Mavic 2 Pro with my Mavic 2 Zoom while up in the air.
I was concerned about the signals interfering with each other.
I'm sure we would keep them far enough apart that at first until we had some practice before getting too close, And how close would be too close?
I'm not even sure we need to do in except for when they are hovering.
Anyway has anyone here had experience flying near another drone?

Thanks for any help or advice you may have,

John

Reactions: Bill combs
I was wondering if there are any issues with flying two Mavic 2's near each other?
Nope. Each remote controller is fully capable of safely controlling the drone it's linked to. Check out YouTube and you'll find lots of videos of people flying drones together.

Nope. Each remote controller is fully capable of safely controlling the drone it's linked to. Check out YouTube and you'll find lots of videos of people flying drones together.

Thank you Mike, I'll check them out.

PS. I'm really liking the Flight Reader program.

Reactions: msinger
Hello,

The reason I ask is that I was wanting to with the help of another pilot take pictures of my Mavic 2 Pro with my Mavic 2 Zoom while up in the air.
I'm sure we would keep them far enough apart that at first until we had some practice before getting too close, And how close would be too close?

John

Posted this video on our experience with flying the Phantom and the Mavic together.

Phantomrain.org
Cutting edge gear for your mavic
Coal

Reactions: JS1600
Cool place to fly.....can you get closer to those hills? I bet some great footage can come out of flying there.....

You might find the controllers don't like being too close to each other but it's easy to just get a bit further apart.

I would like to thank everyone for their input and advice, And thanks to those who shared videos.

Cool place to fly.....can you get closer to those hills? I bet some great footage can come out of flying there.....
Those are the Santan Mountains... about 7 miles from the spot of the film posted. The tallest peaks are on the Reservation. Can’t do the others as it’s a State Park.
I just finished getting most of the shots for an aerial video tour of them. Took about a month so far because I fell about 25 feet on my first day of shooting and broke several ribs... finally got back there. Editing the video now.

Hello,

John
i fly with a drone club where several different types of dji drones are in the air at the same time and have never had any issues of crossed signals,have no fear and keep on flying

I'm a 107 and I shoot for film and TV projects.
There is a film currently in pre-production with the working title 'The Search'.
I piloted my Mavic Pro to shoot footage of our Phantom 4:

First: Decide who will hover and who will move in on the other. If you're both moving, you'll probably never get an alignment.
look up to get the lateral spacing, then down to the controller/smart phone FPV to match altitude and framing - then back up for lateral spacing.
Choose cine or tripod mode - at least to start to make moves smooth.
Decide who will lead and who will follow. Leader: maintain level flight and smooth moves. Announce 'starting a left turn', etc. to make it easier for the follower.
Agree on an altitude and as long as both stick with it, and the follower / shooter can keep the subject in-frame, it's pretty easy - after some practice.

BTW: We will be on location shooting again on Thursday for 'The Search', this time for the Producers; specific flight profiles in D-Log.

Under the old RC channels, (72mhz) there was a problem with 2 people on the same channel. They would both crash!
With the new flight channels, there are actually 2 waves working simultaneously... your link frequency and your action frequency. The link frequency assures your drone only follows the proper action commands. This means that almost any number of aircraft can fly simultaneously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada