DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with a 300 foot rope attached

Outstanding proof of concept!! That will be a very helpful tool!
Thanks for sharing. I don't want to wish people into danger but it'd be neat to see a real rescue.

I am not a very good videographer, but I want to film a somewhat realistic "ice rescue" video and actually deliver a rope/floatation device to a "victim" Who has fallen through the ice.

I have been talking to a local fire department near where I live to see if I can do this during one of their trainings.

It is not practical to do it at work because of certian restrictions. I am a career firefighter.

Move and pin this to the mod section

My kids are going to trip once we start dropping parachute men (from a reasonable height)

Wonder how light we can make this,

first change I would do is go with 2 CR3025 batteries and measure the expected life

2nd maybe the micro servo, I know for your scenario a larger motor maybe needed but parachute men, nope

3rd loctite has a great 2 stage plastic glue that may help reduce the amount of Legos needed

Reactions: shoemaker
The next modification I am likely to make is adding 1 more battery to increase the voltage to approximately 4.5 volts.

Under heavy weight, I often have to jiggle mavic back and forth slightly to get it to release.

Next test would be with a very strong fishing line dropped over a boat at sea and then pulled back to shore!

Next test would be with a very strong fishing line dropped over a boat at sea and then pulled back to shore!

I am not an angler but was researching fishing line the other day and am impressed with how strong and light some of it is.

That would make for a fun "rescue." Flying 1/2 mile away and attaching a line to a boat.

What is the rope? 1500lbs break at 300 feet per pound. Seems nuts.

What is the rope? 1500lbs break at 300 feet per pound. Seems nuts.

Excellent question!

I was searching for the strongest lightest rope I could find and ran across this. It's lighter than paracord and 3x the strength. Plus it floats and looses no strength when wet...and is super chemical resistant.
Link:
Product

image.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute