DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with a broken propeller above Tartu ?

Proffy

Reactions
After few minutes of flight, Mavic Air start to act weird, continue its movement, instead of just hover on a place, tilting when flying, once its landed I found a crack (approx 7mm long) in a prop. After a lot of cropping I still able to compile a short movie about Tartu. Yay! :)

Not that I’m aware of.
I have several DJI products and (knocking on wood) have not had any of those issues.

Reactions: Proffy
Here's a pic a of a crack:

1567232391203.png

Here's a pic a of a crack:

View attachment 80704

I’m surprised that caused the flight issues you describe. I have inadvertently flown with props in far worse condition and not had any issues.

I would perhaps, as a precaution, review the flight logs to see if there were any other issues. It may indeed have been the prop but there may be a hardware issue with the drone.

Nice footage either way :)

Reactions: Scott99205
Odd. I would lean towards damage during handling or transport. Is that a possibility?

Unlucky or extremely lucky depending on your viewpoint.
Glad to see you landed safely.

Thanks! Definitely Lucky. Replacing props is much cheaper then replacing drone. :)

Reactions: Thomas B
I’m surprised that caused the flight issues you describe. I have inadvertently flown with props in far worse condition and not had any issues.

I would perhaps, as a precaution, review the flight logs to see if there were any other issues. It may indeed have been the prop but there may be a hardware issue with the drone.

Khm... In that case maybe it was caused by compas glitch or something like this? Yeah, I’ll better check the flight logs

Great video! Who would have guessed there was a prop issue, nicely done! :)

• Love

I had a crack Similar to that on my Mavic 2 and it happened while landing on my landing pad one of the rear props hit the stake that holds the pad it was a new prop but changed it anyways

I had a crack Similar to that on my Mavic 2 and it happened while landing on my landing pad one of the rear props hit the stake that holds the pad it was a new prop but changed it anyways

Sad to hear. Anyway, now I check props even after flight :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7