DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying thru 500 Birds : Untouched.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Flight out over the Ice from inside the Car with the Rescue Jacket to Remote land on the ICE with the Mavic 2 Zoom goes astray.

Hidden Pockets of Birds were crashed out on the Ice melts. Once i saw them it was tip toe thru the Tasmanian devils .

This is one time where going vertical would not have been the right move
as I am pretty sure I would have smashed into them as they were everywhere so I held the course flew right thru.

Since I was filming 4k I was able to get some slow motion , and some frames despite how much I love the Air 2 you just cannot get this kind of quality out of it.

Having Visual line of sight helped as there is some Latency on the SC .

I know the Mavic 2 Zoom does not get all the Applaud that the Mavic 2 pro does but it should.
The Lake was Emerald Green something we do not see often in the Lake Erie.

Screenshot 02-22-2021 15.06.30-2.jpg

DJI_0305.00_00_58_19.Still006-4.jpg

DJI_0305.00_00_49_28.Still005-4.jpg

DJI_0305.00_00_46_12.Still004-4.jpg

DJI_0305.00_00_42_04.Still007-4.jpg

DJI_0320-2.jpg

green emearald bay 2.jpg

DJI_0327.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and Land on ICE and Water.

Last edited:
OMG o_O that was a close call but worth every penny. That was a nice footage LOLLLL like done by discovery channel.
Thanks you for sharing.

I need to do something similar with my crocks buddies.

OMG o_O that was a close call but worth every penny. That was a nice footage LOLLLL like done by discovery channel.
Thanks you for sharing.

I need to do something similar with my crocks buddies.

At one point it was a like 3D Walt Disney Special effect was happening .
What was better the Slow Motion or the Actual Speed of the event ?

Will have to try the Remote land again when the birds are vacant as I had spotters and i
was testing out the Alien Dual :} Loving that by the way . Thank you.

Drop some bird seeds with the drone and land the drone close to it and take the footage.

Drop some bird seeds with the drone and land the drone close to it and take the footage.
I hate the birds , , I was looking for a piece of ice to land on and they covered it . . . it was much harder to fly high in the Air with the Birds but low was also full of surprises. Maybe I throw bread to keep them busy. ?

Last edited:
That was stunning. I kept thinking of Hitchcock when you had all of the birds flying around your drone.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That was stunning. I kept thinking of Hitchcock when you had all of the birds flying around your drone.
For me it was more like the Twilight Zone as every sensor started beeping the Radio inside the car came on by itself I I was on low battery and it was getting ready to force land and after It landed the Mavic 2 told me it went into shock and needs some alone time and therapy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
Thats about as close as you can come to being taken out. Nice.

I truly do not worry about hitting birds anymore , some of them dart in front of the car when Im driving and just barely make it out alive , but now I know there just playing games with me. ?