DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with an iPad mini is great!

What I use Jay and has not gave me any issues yet.
My older eyes like it . :)

I used to use a tablet for my Phantom 3 but I like using a phone with my Mavic, plus I use a sunscreen that covers the whole controller and phone, works awesome, so I'd rather not give that up.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I fly with an iPad Mini 2 also, but I've not had as much success with it when using Autopilot. It has worked perfectly fine with DJI GO and Litchi, but Autopilot (especially in Waypoint missions) requires more horsepower to function properly.

I fly with an Ipad Mini 2 Cellular/ Wifi version and it has worked extremely well. I also fly with my Nvidia K1 tablet for Lichti Missions. It requires S Clips to fit the controller so setup time is a bit longer and more pieces to remember to install, but its a fast and capable tablet for sure.

I fly with an iPad Mini 2 also, but I've not had as much success with it when using Autopilot. It has worked perfectly fine with DJI GO and Litchi, but Autopilot (especially in Waypoint missions) requires more horsepower to function properly.

That's good to know! I use the DJI Go4 and am thinking about getting Litchi!

I used to use a tablet for my Phantom 3 but I like using a phone with my Mavic, plus I use a sunscreen that covers the whole controller and phone, works awesome, so I'd rather not give that up.
What sun screen/shade are you using ?

Reactions: Bigdz
Can u use bigger I-pads like I-pad air 1/2? 4th gen regular I-pad with cellular aswell+lighting connection? or I-pad pro 9.7?

I just ordered an iPad mini 4 cellular 16 gb can't wait, refurb 315$ on Amazon ... been using an iPhone 7plus....

Cool! A 4 would be awesome! I got mine on Craigslist for $150. A real nice guy, never opened it. It was mint. 32gb wifi and cell. I'm VERY happy! And having so much more fun with the bigger screen!

Can u use bigger I-pads like I-pad air 1/2? 4th gen regular I-pad with cellular aswell+lighting connection? or I-pad pro 9.7?
I use an iPad Air 2. It is awesome but even with a sunshade I still wish it was brighter and I could see more (curse my older eyes!!). I always come back, look at my video and see things I totally missed in the field.

For quick flights I still use my iPhone but the iPad is much better.

Reactions: pixelbrat

I'm not sure what the cutoff is. I think for the mini it has to be a 2 or later. Most will work. Just plug into the lightning cable and USB at the bottom of the controller. A bigger iPad would be cool but you'd need a holding plate for the controller. The iPad mini fits perfectly into the controller slots. Idk why. But it's perfect. Give it a whirl. Let us know!

I agree with You sir , it is great using an iPad mini to operate the Mavic Pro Thumbswayup

In fact , I've never flown mine with a phone even though I do have a IP6+ and a 7+ . I use my iPad mini 4

Yeah. I would never go back to the iPhone except in a pinch. I won't! I can't! Haha!

Reactions: Scapegoat
I use an iPad Air 2. It is awesome but even with a sunshade I still wish it was brighter and I could see more (curse my older eyes!!). I always come back, look at my video and see things I totally missed in the field.

For quick flights I still use my iPhone but the iPad is much better.

That's a good deal. Got my Ipad 2 mini wifi+ cellelar on ebay for $218 last month. Love using it since I'm used to using an iphone 7 Plus.

That's a good deal. Got my Ipad 2 mini wifi+ cellelar on ebay for $218 last month. Love using it since I'm used to using an iphone 7 Plus.

That's a great deal. I got my mini4 wifi with 128gb for $300 from GameStop.com

I wasn't even aware that they sold refurbed iPads until a friend who is a VZ wireless store manager told me about it. I'm glad I talked to him.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos