DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with iPad 4 (not mini)

MGrosvold

Reactions
I think I would like to go with a 9.7" iPad for use flying my Mavic. My 3rd Gen iPad isn't compatible so I'm looking for a cost effective solution. I found a 64 Gig Wi-Fi/LTE refurbed iPad4 which fits my pricing criteria.

I'm looking for input from anyone using an iPad 4 or from anyone who has reasons why the iPad4 would not be a good choice. I know the A6X processor is a bit slower than the iPad minis and the iPad Airs' A7/A8s but am hoping it is still fast enough to work well.

Thanks for your help.

It would not be a good choice since it's not compatible with DJI GO. You can find a list of compatible Apple devices here.

It would not be a good choice since it's not compatible with DJI GO. You can find a list of compatible Apple devices here.
Yikes!! I guess that pretty well answers my question. Not the answer I was hoping for but better to find out now.

I've seen you help A LOT of other people. Now you can add me to that list. Thanks very much for your help and for your dedication to the Mavi community.

Reactions: msinger
I'm using the Samsung Tab 2 8 inch - fits in the holder perfectly and it's a great unit. HOWEVER - you have to get the T710 version of the Tab 2 - they go for about $200 USD on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think I would like to go with a 9.7" iPad for use flying my Mavic. My 3rd Gen iPad isn't compatible so I'm looking for a cost effective solution. I found a 64 Gig Wi-Fi/LTE refurbed iPad4 which fits my pricing criteria.

I'm looking for input from anyone using an iPad 4 or from anyone who has reasons why the iPad4 would not be a good choice. I know the A6X processor is a bit slower than the iPad minis and the iPad Airs' A7/A8s but am hoping it is still fast enough to work well.

Thanks for your help.

DJI go app and DJI GS pro APP both load and run but very poorly with great lag and software crashes and lock ups. In my recent experience as of today with both. I'd get an iPad air2. A8 processor. That will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just have a 3 mini which works fine. Fits in the holder but I have ordered the external holder as well (I love AliExpress)

Adventure is just bad planning

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS