DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with or without gimbal guard camera protector

Arnie Mavic

Reactions
Hello, I have a question. Do you flying with camera protector?
I'm nor sure if its safe to fly without but do like have good quality pictures too.

Not to answer the question but suggest you do a search re gimbal cover, there are numerous threads regarding this subject.
I'm not being a dill but there is a great deal already been discussed.
Actually to answer your question if you want best quality photos then keep gimbal cover off, if you want Protection leave it on.

Reactions: stratos
I fly without, and I added a sunshade by pgytech.
I think air flow and capture are better without the gimbal cover.

That small amount of protection the cover provides isn't worth the loss of quality, at least for me.

You will ultimately have to decide for yourself.

Reactions: Rturriff7
I fly with a gamble sunshade cover for protection
82adc98c17a3b6d903acde983c441136.jpg
92645c8f33c5a8a7ebfb7a2e5040fa6e.jpg
69bea789bd0bcc1b5bbcd296aebf57c1.jpg

Reactions: Arnie Mavic
Leave the dome cover off. The cover blocks needed cooling air and distorts your pix and videos. There are several sunshade designs which will provide a level of protection. The one used by djhoodrich (Pos #5) is the best design, IMHO.

Omg dont want to be d1ck but. Guys please search before posting there has been lengthy threads about.

Simple answer ; it is your preference. there is no impact on performance nor cooling only on pic video quality due to glare.

As long as you are learning to fly and doesn't care about the glare created by the cockpit better to keep it, asap you need clean photos and videos you must withdraw it as he create a glare in the down left corner of the image under certain circumstances of flight and sun light...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys