DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e.

KennyJr

Reactions
I finally got the chance to do some flying this morning and try out the new tablet with the Mavic. In my other thread I mentioned about a half second screen lag. In that case I was using the USB-C cable that came with my power brick. I ordered a high speed cable (10 Gbps) from Amazon that took care of that problem. The screen lag is now barely noticeable. When centered in my Powerextra tablet holder it doesn't interfere with the volume rocker.

I ran through two batteries using DJI Go 4 and two batteries with Litchi. Even with the tablet pulling power from the controller I still had 58% battery on the controller after flying through four batteries on the Mavic running them down to about 40% before swapping the batteries. Neither program crashed or showed any glitches at all during the flights

It was sunny out but I had no problem seeing the screen without a sun shade, but put the sun shade on for the second two batteries which did make it easier to see the screen. I got the model with 128GB of storage because it had 6GB of RAM vs 4GB on the 64GB model.

I've been looking at this tablet too. Any recommend mounting solutions for using it with a Mavic Air controller?

You are talking Samsung' new tablet, right? It's not on any approval list, but it sure is appealing.

I've been using it for almost 3 months now with both DJI Go 4 and Litchi and haven't had any problems. The tablet has excellent battery life even at full screen brightness. I was looking at this tablet and the iPad Mini, the deciding factor for me was I didn't want to buy Litchi again since the Android and iOS licenses are not transferable between them.

I've been using it for almost 3 months now with both DJI Go 4 and Litchi and haven't had any problems. The tablet has excellent battery life even at full screen brightness. I was looking at this tablet and the iPad Mini, the deciding factor for me was I didn't want to buy Litchi again since the Android and iOS licenses are not transferable between them.

Another advantage is that even the wifi version of the Samsung S5e has a GPS chip. Only the cellular versions of the iPads have the same.

Anyone try the the one with 4gb of ram? I have the 6gb but it costs $100 more so want to return.

I forgot to mention the main reason I chose this tablet over the Ipad Mini. GPS, Glonass, and Galileo.
I think that IPads see the Glonass Rusian satellites but not the Chinese and one other that the tablets see.

I finally got the chance to do some flying this morning and try out the new tablet with the Mavic. In my other thread I mentioned about a half second screen lag. In that case I was using the USB-C cable that came with my power brick. I ordered a high speed cable (10 Gbps) from Amazon that took care of that problem. The screen lag is now barely noticeable. When centered in my Powerextra tablet holder it doesn't interfere with the volume rocker.

I ran through two batteries using DJI Go 4 and two batteries with Litchi. Even with the tablet pulling power from the controller I still had 58% battery on the controller after flying through four batteries on the Mavic running them down to about 40% before swapping the batteries. Neither program crashed or showed any glitches at all during the flights

It was sunny out but I had no problem seeing the screen without a sun shade, but put the sun shade on for the second two batteries which did make it easier to see the screen. I got the model with 128GB of storage because it had 6GB of RAM vs 4GB on the 64GB model.
What sun shade did you use. I'm looking for one that fits.

Thank you for this review/update. You can get these for around £150 in the UK. I'm only really interested in the brightness, so this ticks the box for me, judging by comments. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys