DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying without phone: hover is all over the place

Devon125

Reactions
Hey guys!just firmware updated my mavic and test flew it with only a remote control(no phone) and it was drifting like hell![emoji44] Is this normal when flying without a phone? Or should I calibrate the imu or something?[emoji54]
(Keep in mind that there was very little wind)
(There were a few cars nearby too.maybe that's the case?)
Your answers will be greatly appreciated![emoji3]

Hey guys!just firmware updated my mavic and test flew it with only a remote control(no phone) and it was drifting like ****![emoji44] Is this normal when flying without a phone? Or should I calibrate the imu or something?[emoji54]
(Keep in mind that there was very little wind)
(There were a few cars nearby too.maybe that's the case?)
Your answers will be greatly appreciated![emoji3]
Without the phone it would be hard to tell what your issue is, could be GPS or the bottom sensors I am not sure, the phone screen will tell you in you have VPS on and what is going on with the satellites. The Mavic is not really meant to be flown without a device.
Regards,
-d.

Is this normal when flying without a phone?
That wouldn't cause this type of erratic flight. Flying close to magnetic metal objects could cause problems like this though. Give it another shot in a clear location and see if you're able to reproduce that behavior.

You could try reviewing the DAT flight log to see if it indicates what happened.

I believe VPS is off by default, without a phone is it possible it was flying "blind", your thoughts msinger?
Regards,
-d.

I believe VPS is off by default, without a phone is it possible it was flying "blind", your thoughts msinger?
Since we know the lack of a phone would not cause such a problem, it would be best to try to reproduce this scenario with the phone attached. That way the OP would be able to see the status, settings, other relevant flight data, etc. in DJI GO in real-time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty