DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying without tablet - stuck in beginner mode

howlingbaboon

Reactions
Hi All,
Had a frustrating flight today. Glorious day, amazing location. I foolishly left my tablet at home but had my goggles and some observers/pilots so I figured I'd still be able to get some nice photos. I performed a manual take off with the RC but quickly realised that it was in beginner mode (or at least limited to 30m range and height). Without the tablet, I couldn't find a way to switch out of it. There doesn't seem to be an option for this in the goggles settings menu or on the RC as far as I can tell. I've not even had it in beginner mode for ages and certainly not on the last flight day. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution?

All advice most appreciated !

Cheers
(Mines a MPP but guessing it's a common issue so reposting here)

I would assume you have dji goggles :) yes you need tablet to sign in to lift the restriction then after that you can hook tablet and fly I don't recall what firmware version they started to do that. so you can downgrade firmware to fix that

check the dji goggle section on this forum for more info :)

@droneuser - WHat do you mean by signing in to lift the restriction.
I just took my Mavic out today after the long winter to get the rust of of me.
I installed the latest firmware but cannot fly higher than 90 or so feet and maybe 100 or seo feet away
Can you elaborate on the restrictions you mentioned bove

Thanks in advance

@droneuser - WHat do you mean by signing in to lift the restriction.
I just took my Mavic out today after the long winter to get the rust of of me.
I installed the latest firmware but cannot fly higher than 90 or so feet and maybe 100 or seo feet away
Can you elaborate on the restrictions you mentioned bove

Thanks in advance

if you fly without a tablet there will be a restriction on how far you can fly away because you are not signed into the go app 4 but if you uses a tablet to get log in then you can take tablet off and fly without tablet

this is of course is with the newest firmware

Thanks, I didnt have the latest GO 4 app, and therefore it wasn't asking me to login. I have downloaded it since and it promptly asked me to login.
I will give this another go tomorrow but I feel confident that that was my problem

Thanks again

ahhh yup I am sure that is why! :)

Yeah sounds like we've experienced the same restriction then as 30m = around 100ft. So it sounds like I can no longer really fly without having the tablet with me unless I rollback the firmware. I'll just have to remember my tablet in future then! I'm guessing that future versions of the DJI goggles will integrate the functions of the tablet and Go4 app rather than just half of the features.Thanks for the help guys!

I might have to put GO4 on my phone just in case I get in this situation again.

Hi muzz here new member from Taupo NZ, I had similar problem yesterday with not signing in first and was waiting for the Huka jetboat to arrive and film.
Had already rang Huka Jet and they where great no problem to film but when it arrived I was stuck at 30 metres restriction.
However ended up sorting it out and got some awesome footage of jet boat leaving Aratiatia Hydro Dam and heading back towrds Huka Falls, the water clarity is simply amazing,will post video hope you all enjoy, Muzz.

Just a quick update, so this morning, prior to going to work (I couldn't wait till the end of the day) I went out for a test fly and all is well, the restrictions have now been lifted and I am free to fly. It appears that once you sign in you don't have to do it again as I logged in last night but wasnt prompted to login this morning...
Is it time to go home yet...

Just a quick update, so this morning, prior to going to work (I couldn't wait till the end of the day) I went out for a test fly and all is well, the restrictions have now been lifted and I am free to fly. It appears that once you sign in you don't have to do it again as I logged in last night but wasnt prompted to login this morning...
Is it time to go home yet...
I wonder how long each login session lasts then before it times out...?

I wonder how long each login session lasts then before it times out...?

signing in or signing up into the go app, go app 4 started as a requirement a year or so ago, sorry don't exactly remember when, but it's been awhile. Started flying in 2015 with my P3A, no sign in required then. And the latest releases... you cant even access the app without doing so.

Signing in is a one time shot unless... using android, you uninstall and re-install the app, or if you using the android app manager you clear the data and cache. on ios, uninstalling then re-installing will require you to sign in. I use both apps, go for my P3A, go4 on my spark and mavic pro. Did not know about the limits when flying any of my drones without the app, have never flown without. thanks for the heads up on that one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje