DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying your drone in New Zealand

D

Deleted member 18259

Hi all,

I've recently set off on a trip to Asia to avoid work for a while and have taken my Mavic Pro with me. I've started a website and blog and aiming to write a bit about each country I drone. Recently, this was New Zealand, as you can expect this was a pretty epic place to fly and was very easy to do so. I invite you to take a look at my blog post below for some information if you are due to visit NZ or just curious. I also have an image gallery and on instagram and would follow you back if you do @dronegraphica

Cheers!!

Blog post - Dronegraphica - Drone imagery, video and data - Blog - Dronegraphica Travels - Flying your drone in New Zealand

4D5B2B91-3106-4147-8DA5-4511D92AE4B9.jpg

Dronegraphica - Drone imagery, video and data - Home
Insta: @dronegraphica

I plan to go to NZ , north and south, at he end of this month and want to bring my MPP. How is it flying your drone in NZ? Especially the southern part. I have read on different forums that the rules regarding drones in NZ are quite drastic. Do you need some kind of permit ? I plan to take footage of the scenery, outside of cities.

I plan to go to NZ , north and south, at he end of this month and want to bring my MPP. How is it flying your drone in NZ? Especially the southern part. I have read on different forums that the rules regarding drones in NZ are quite drastic. Do you need some kind of permit ? I plan to take footage of the scenery, outside of cities.

Flying was great fun, it was pretty windy and surprisingly wet though! The North shore of Auckland was pretty scary as I almost lost my drone out to sea. Regular flying rules apply, use AIRMAP and plan your flights, it will also tell you straight out if there are any issues. I avoided flying over busy road and the city. Department of Conservation areas tend to be closed to drones (unless you obtain a permit, i assume you'd need to be certified for this), but to be honest if i didn't see a sign then i flew anyway. On the south island there is so much space you can fly anywhere :)

Reactions: USAirborne
Flying was great fun, it was pretty windy and surprisingly wet though! The North shore of Auckland was pretty scary as I almost lost my drone out to sea. Regular flying rules apply, use AIRMAP and plan your flights, it will also tell you straight out if there are any issues. I avoided flying over busy road and the city. Department of Conservation areas tend to be closed to drones (unless you obtain a permit, i assume you'd need to be certified for this), but to be honest if i didn't see a sign then i flew anyway. On the south island there is so much space you can fly anywhere :)
Thank you for your reply.
You eased my mind. I thought that you need a permit to fly anywhere. And getting one from the DoC I have heard it's almost impossible.

A
Thank you for your reply.
You eased my mind. I thought that you need a permit to fly anywhere. And getting one from the DoC I have heard it's almost impossible.
s per the DOC i would expect it to be pretty difficult, they don't want you flying there and disturbing things/potentially making money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC