DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlyMore Charger question?

Vol4Life

Reactions
I read somewhere that the charger that comes with the flymore pack will not charge all 3 batteries simultaneously but rather one at a time in sequence. Is this true? And if so is there another charger maybe a 3rd party charger or something that is capable of charging multiple batteries. One more quick question is approximately how long does it take to fully charge a fully drained battery. Thanks

Don't own an Air 2, but your description of the Fly More kit charger matches that of the Mavic 2. In the case of the Mavic 2, Hanatora makes an a nice charger that works on both 110 AC and 12 VDC (for vehicle use). It charges all the batteries an also has charge/discharge for storage functions etc. I'm sure they will come out with something similar for the Air 2, but I guess it's too early yet.

Thanks guys.
Don't own an Air 2, but your description of the Fly More kit charger matches that of the Mavic 2. In the case of the Mavic 2, Hanatora makes an a nice charger that works on both 110 AC and 12 VDC (for vehicle use). It charges all the batteries an also has charge/discharge for storage functions etc. I'm sure they will come out with something similar for the Air 2, but I guess it's too early yet.
Just checked those out. Pretty sweet. Hopefully the make one for the Air 2 soon.

They already have ones out

Nice. Found another that actually charges up to 4 batteries. Amazon.com: Hanatora 6 in 1 Battery Charger for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone and Remote Controller,Rapid Multi Parallel Charging Hub Accessories: Toys & Games

That should work well. However, it doesn't have the feature set of the model Hanatora sells for the Mavic 2 (Pro & Zoom). That includes the ability to charge or discharge to 50% capacity for storage. Also can completely discharge battery (though I haven't tested that feature, and includes a digital display so you can check progress and tell what it's doing.

Yes that is why the normal DJI charger works for most uses. You can charge them overnight and have 3 batteries at around 25 minutes each to fly. I normally can fly one, start the charger, fly the other two and will have the 1st one available if I need more. Since I move around, some times I get the second one charged too.

I'm not familiar with this brand, but, I'd be VERY leery of trusting my 3 $115ea batteries to a $28 charger, and I'm guessing DJI would not pay out on any warranty claims if they can determine that you used an aftermarket charger. Lastly, if you DO buy aftermarket, I highly suggest a sine wave-equipped inverter/charger that will protect sensitive items like electronics. $345 in batteries is not a small investment.....

My thoughts exactly. I went with the DJI car charger. Not risking this one. My OG Air had three batteries swell so, I am being cautious this time given I did use one of these after market chargers with the OG. All my other one I only used factor chargers with no problems.

I read somewhere that the charger that comes with the flymore pack will not charge all 3 batteries simultaneously but rather one at a time in sequence. Is this true? And if so is there another charger maybe a 3rd party charger or something that is capable of charging multiple batteries. One more quick question is approximately how long does it take to fully charge a fully drained battery. Thanks
To save you using the forum’ search function (it so difficult, I know :p) you might want to read these threads:

Storing Batteries on Unplugged Charging Hub?

Battery discharge temperature

Also, the User Manual has got lots of good info about the batteries, you can download a copy via the link in the sticky at the top of the Mavic Air 2 Help forum

Mavic Air 2 - DJI Official User Manual - updated

Last edited:
Reactions: Nonprophet
Yes that is why the normal DJI charger works for most uses. You can charge them overnight and have 3 batteries at around 25 minutes each to fly. I normally can fly one, start the charger, fly the other two and will have the 1st one available if I need more. Since I move around, some times I get the second one charged too.
You shouldn't charge the batteries unattended, if something goes wrong you could easily burn your house down.

I'm not familiar with this brand, but, I'd be VERY leery of trusting my 3 $115ea batteries to a $28 charger...
The Hanatora (Yx) chargers have become a well-known brand in this hobby, with many posts from longtime forum members offering positive reviews. I have one of their chargers for each of my Mavics, and am ordering one for my MA2, too. Simultaneous charging Is my primary interest in these units.

I certainly understand the reticence of using an unknown brand to you, so I’m not trying to dispel any fear, uncertainty and doubt. Just sharing my empirical observations.

Everything’s relative though: Since the bank of batteries in my sailboat cost more than my M2P and Fly More Combo, I use one of the best-available chargers and pure sine wave inverters. Since Hanatora hasn’t failed me yet, I’m good with them, too.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada