DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FlySafe requires update options

Frank Dracman

Reactions
I am using the Fly App version 1.5.9 on a Mini 2 with 1.03 firmware (for dronehacks) and I'm receiving the FlySafe requires update notice.
Will I eventually need to update it?
Will updating Flysafe effect (force update) the app or firmware I'm currently using?

You might check the DJI forums if you don't get an answer here that is definitive. It's common for a software update to require a firmware update. If you don't have to update it then don't. I updated my Mavic 3 for the new abilities but none of my other drones will be updated until I'm legally required to do so or forced by DJI to do so.

Reactions: Ronny St.
I'm aware of the issues with the app and firmware forcing updates. I'm just unclear on the flysafe update I can't find the answer here or on the dji forum which is odd because I'm sure everyone has seen the Flysafe update warning. If it just keeps warning me that's fine. My main concern is if I don't update it and I get stuck somewhere due to the flysafe database being out of date and dji not letting the drone fly.

My brand new Mavic 3 Pro requires a FlySafe database, and won't update, and won't fly without being updated. DJI say "there is no solution currently and the issue has a close relationship with the latitude and longitude"... So there are some places where FlySafe will brick your drone, even if it's brand new. And the customer can't do anything about it.

I am using the Fly App version 1.5.9 on a Mini 2 with 1.03 firmware (for dronehacks) and I'm receiving the FlySafe requires update notice.
Will I eventually need to update it?
Will updating Flysafe effect (force update) the app or firmware I'm currently using?
All I can do is pass on the advice I was given regarding Drone-hacks. Use an older version of the FLY app and don't update it. Regardless of 'inconsistent firmware' prompts, NEVER okay the update. Make sure you engage airplane mode on the flight screen device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada