Ron Caballero CAP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Verde Valley, AZ and Hampshire County, WV
Greekislandlover

Thank you for mentioning Flytron Strobon Cree Strobes

I purchased
Flytron Strobon Cree ( R W G ) LED Flytron Strobon Cree Strobe USA 3 pack

That will comply with the three color system established for boats and aircraft. I will be attaching red and green on the two front arms and the white on the rear body.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
The colored strobe system isn't required for drones. The only lighting requirements for drones (in the U.S.) is for night flight. But given your CAP status, it sounds like this may be just for your own edification. But the actual rules don't require the colored system.

For those flying under 107 rules, you have to have a 3SM strobe for any flight from sunset to sunrise.

For hobbyists you are supposed to have lighting that shows altitude and attitude for flights after dark. But that is based on the AMA rules, so it's not official. But I have no doubt that will become official once part (a)(2) of Section 349 is established later this year.

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
The colored strobe system isn't required for drones. The only lighting requirements for drones (in the U.S.) is for night flight. But given your CAP status, it sounds like this may be just for your own edification. But the actual rules don't require the colored system.

For those flying under 107 rules, you have to have a 3SM strobe for any flight from sunset to sunrise.

For hobbyists you are supposed to have lighting that shows altitude and attitude for flights after dark. But that is based on the AMA rules, so it's not official. But I have no doubt that will become official once part (a)(2) of Section 349 is established later this year.
You are correct.
I was replying to a post about VLOS and seeing a drone, as more than a speck, more than 500 feet away. Another poster suggested one or more of these strobes. I saw the three-color package and (as an old sailboat sailor) decided to use that lighting pattern FOR MY VIEWING PURPOSE. That way, I will have a better view of my drone and know which way it is facing, that is sometimes difficult to determine. My belief is that is well worth the $80+. Killing two birds with one stone as the old expression says.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic Moss
You are correct.
I was replying to a post about VLOS and seeing a drone, as more than a speck, more than 500 feet away. Another poster suggested one or more of these strobes. I saw the three-color package and (as an old sailboat sailor) decided to use that lighting pattern FOR MY VIEWING PURPOSE. That way, I will have a better view of my drone and know which way it is facing, that is sometimes difficult to determine. My belief is that is well worth the $80+. Killing two birds with one stone as the old expression says.
I had to invest $25 plus tax for four mounting brackets. One on the rear will be empty, but there anyway to help maintain balance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom