DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus problems on image edges

communityguy

Reactions
I've started seeing an increase in focus problems across the whole image (video and/or still). It looks sharp in the middle, but the sides are WAY out of focus.

I flew today in the cold weather and when I reviewed the images, they were ALL really out of focus. I thought maybe it was the cold, so I brought the drone inside and let it warm up. Shot a couple images and same problem.

Both inside/outside examples are attached.

Please help! What's going on?

Attachments

• DJI_0117.JPG
    DJI_0117.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 53
  • DJI_0072.JPG
    DJI_0072.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 51
So after some googling, I calibrated the IMU, calibrated the gimbal, reset the camera settings... and it improved things dramatically... but the right side of the attached example image is still showing far too much fuzzy blurring. Anyone have any ideas??

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 30
I have same issue with focus on rhs of image.
What happens if you tap to focus on rhs?

I am having the same issue. Its the first time I have actually noticed it this bad with over a year of flights under my belt. I have loaded a screen grab from a flight this afternoon and the woods to the right are unacceptable. I recently did a IMU Calibration after a s/w update but I can't say for certain it started at this time. Would love any help this community is willing to share.

Temp was 32 +/- a degree or so.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 10.14.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 10.14.33 PM.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 24
Having the same issue at exactly the same location.
But I flew today and the focusing problem is gone. I refreshed the fw and calibrated imu gimbal several times. Actually today I had a gimbal shake error during the flight, landed the craft recalibrated the gimbal and after that the problem seemed to begone... I already have a UPS pickup. Will do some tests tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121