DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FocusTrack, limitations

Akbuk

Reactions
Do you know why the ND filter is blocking the FocusTrack function? Can someone please try it? I want to buy the Cine version but these limitations are putting me off buying it. Thanks for the help.Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 14-43-02 DJI_Mavic_3_User_Manual_v1 2_en pdf.png

My best guess as to why an ND is an issue would be the fstop range changes, which would probably be true when adding the wide angle attachment. I had not caught that also does not work to follow something over snow. That's kind of funny given I live in North Pole, Alaska. I'll try it out, regardless since our sun remains pretty low and our snow is often in shade when surrounded by forest. Apparently it's a different sun than the one used by people in the deep south, like North Dakota....so I have hope LOL.

Thank you akdrone. Please try it and let me know.
It may be a bit of a wait...it's -35F today and soon it might get really cold... so you'll forgive me for waiting a bit.... I did check out some fox tracks yesterday, flying from inside the house when it was roughly -30F but that was just stuff right outside the house and no real opportunity to try anything like focus track. If the pattern is the same as last year....it will warm up...eventually. I count on that each year.... :). Good news is it never gets really cold anymore. We've had -75F at our house but thanks to global warming (I'm a big fan) it never gets anywhere close to that cold anymore. While most people and polar bears find global warming to be a serious problem, from my perspective...meh. :) (meant tongue in cheek of course)

Focus tracking depend on good light. The ND filter by design reduces the light reaching the sensor.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo