DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fogging in camera

gejsen

Reactions
Is fogging within the lens of the camera an inherent defect of the Mavic Pro or do I have a particularly defective unit?
I have been keeping my Drone in a dehumidified room and taking care to not launch a cold drone into warm air. In spite of that I occasionally get lens fogging after a few minutes of flight, even on a clear day. Granted, I live be in Hawaii where the humidity is generally high but I don’t have this trouble with other cameras.
Does the prop wash create a low pressure area around the camera and thus cause chilling and condensation within the lens?
Has anyone sent their drone in for this issue and was it fixed or improved?
Thanks for any response.

Wow. Thanks for posting this. My problem is exactly the same. And wouldn’t you know, I just sent my mavic back to DJI yesterday. I will be interested to hear whether this fix was long lasting for you? I wonder whether the camera modules are hermetically sealed or not. If so then I suppose there are some sealed with sufficient humidity inside to produce the problem. If not, then all will fog given time and conditions. Let us know how it goes.

Wow. Thanks for posting this. My problem is exactly the same. And wouldn’t you know, I just sent my mavic back to DJI yesterday. I will be interested to hear whether this fix was long lasting for you? I wonder whether the camera modules are hermetically sealed or not. If so then I suppose there are some sealed with sufficient humidity inside to produce the problem. If not, then all will fog given time and conditions. Let us know how it goes.

I have had my drone for a while now. It just started digging up this year. I tried many things to fix the problem. Nothing
Worked except just replacing the camera.

It’s a proper solution to this issue and cheap.

I actually got in trouble by the admins because i posted the video to so many threads. Haha I actually fixed it and then get in trouble.

I’m glad it got to you!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have had my drone for a while now. It just started digging up this year. I tried many things to fix the problem. Nothing
Worked except just replacing the camera.

It’s a proper solution to this issue and cheap.

I actually got in trouble by the admins because i posted the video to so many threads. Haha I actually fixed it and then get in trouble.

I’m glad it got to you!!

I got my drone back from DJI after about three weeks. They fixed it under warranty. Actually they may have sent a replacement drone because my FAA I.D. numbers are no longer on it. But they did send it back with my olde propellers and controller.
In any case, so far so good. It isn’t fogging.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato