DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Foggy Morning Flight in Bavaria

I like the video and the music. The fog adds a cool dimension to the video. Nicely Done!

Very nice! I wonder if the density and stratification of the fog would be considered "clouds" and make that flight illegal in the US where we are required to stay 500' below and 2000' away from clouds?

Clouds, sunrise, hills and interesting buildings provided a great filming opportunity that anyone would be proud of. Great job.

Very nice! I wonder if the density and stratification of the fog would be considered "clouds" and make that flight illegal in the US where we are required to stay 500' below and 2000' away from clouds?

Clouds, sunrise, hills and interesting buildings provided a great filming opportunity that anyone would be proud of. Great job.
even if there were properly formed clouds, it did not look to me, like he would have been flying illegally.

even if there were properly formed clouds, it did not look to me, like he would have been flying illegally.
He wasn’t in the US. But if he were the rules here require you to be 500 feet below cloud level and 2000 feet away.

If it was indeed fog it is only found on the ground level; you will never find fog more than 50m above the ground. If the fog becomes to thick you run into a problem with VLOS.
Fog represents condensed water droplets found at the ground level, or in other words, a low-level cloud. It usually brings precipitation in the form of drizzle and will cause low visibility conditions at ground level. This is of high concern for RPAS operations in VLOS, as direct visual contact will be greatly reduced in fog. Fog is dynamic, thus conditions at takeoff might change during the operation and cause a threat to the RPA, manned aircraft, and the public.

I flew this morning. Checked my weather for my area, Airdata weather and UAVforcast. All said I had 10 miles plus visibility. Turns out they were all wrong. After flying over a swampy area I hit fog patches. Still having VLOS but my camera lens fogged over to the point it was not worth flying any more. Returned home and you could see the moisture on the camera lens.

He wasn’t in the US. But if he were the rules here require you to be 500 feet below cloud level and 2000 feet away.
I know that, it clearly stated Bavaria which is south Germany right close to the Austrian border, I lived in Austria for many years. Slight patchy fog is not quite the same as clouds, so I stand by my statement that he would have been fine just the same. The rules for cloud are the same in Europe and the UK as they are for flying in the USA.

I'm fairly new here, however I also like the video and music, as the video cuts followed the music perfectly or maybe its the other way around... Very nice video vadar007

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada