DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me/Active track with quickshots?

latexyankee

Reactions
First drone, only had a week, maybe 10 flights.

I was playing with all the quickshot modes and they seem they could be useful but can you combine them with other modes such as active track?

For instance if i activate active track on a subject from a side or baehind profile, can i activate a quickshot to now circle the target and it would go right back to the initial tracking mode? If i have to stop recording and set a new target etc every time i use it they seem like more of a hassle unless its a scripted event where you can direct the scene.

Does this make sense?

unfortunately you can't use Active Track and Quickshot modes at the same time. If you launch Quickshot during Active Track in progress, the drone will stop the tracking immediatelly.

But if you need to circle around tracked subject, it's easily possible when you use Trace option of Active Track and move the slider in middle bottom of screen to one or other side.
1568709545746.png
Drone will start circling around subject (even when it's moving) while you can change distance, altitude and speed.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yea i see these videos where the drone is tracking but also circling/zooming in and out. Wondering how they are achieving this as its clear they arent controlling the drone. I guess someone else could be piloting but it seems unlikely. Any tips or links to specific videos to help with this? I've viewed many videos online but they all seem to be the same.

You’ll see a slider bar towards the bottom of the screen, slide either direction to start it circling, you can move the drone closer/further away and up and down using normal controls while is in active track.

Reactions: monty.roman
It's exactly as @ed956 said.
The Active Track has three modes for you to choose from.

Trace mode keeps the constant distance from followed subject and keeps it in the middle of frame (drone can even fly backwards in front of the subject). You can change distance, altitude and additional rotation anytime during the process.

Profile mode is pretty similar to trace mode but on this one, drone keeps the same shooting angle during the shot. You can also change it anytime you want.

Spotlight mode is kinda different - it only keeps the subject in frame but drone doesn't move on its own and movement controls are in your own hands. This is great when you need some "passing by" shot. It's kinda like Course lock mode known from Mavic Pro series.

About those shots where drone was changing distance during tracking - I believe that all of those were controlled manually.

I agree, 99% manual control.
There is also Freeform where you just tell the drone to fly forward/backward to a particular point in the distance. Then you can rotate and tilt gimbal as much as you want while drone follows aa straight line. I use this quite a bit to give the surfing view where you are flying at an angle to the surfer and as you pass you rotate with the subject and adjust gimbal to keep it in the Frame. Very cool shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61