DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me camera question

dronenewbie101

Reactions
Hi guys, quick question. I just bought my first DJI Mavic Mini and I'm aware the follow me feature is only available in 3rd party apps, what I would really like to know (for any drone really) with the follow me feature is it possible for the drone to follow/track my movements without the camera being fixated on me since it relies on gps I believe? Simply put is it possible for the drone to follow me without me being present in the camera shot (can the camera be operated independently) ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: OptimaZe
I can't speak for the third party apps. But on the Air 2S the tracking feature works through the camera. It does not involve the GPS. And you can select the subject that you want tracked (works better on some than others; contrast with the surroundings helps).

Litchi and Dronelink have functions that can use GPS to follow a mobile device instead of visual tracking. I believe Dronelink can only follow the same device that's running the app, but Litchi has a Magic Leash app you can run on a second device that's paired to your controlling device.

Reactions: OptimaZe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54