DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Following the train through town

Great idea. And very nicely done. I suspect that train crew would love to see that video.

Do you know a Canadian musician named Fred Eaglesmith? He has a few good train songs you might match up to some video. ("The Rocket" is one of the best, but probably not great for drone videos.)

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Altanore
That is a great idea!! Flyin' right along with the train. Good song to go with it. Couldn't help but wonder if people who had to stop at the crossing saw your drone fly by.

Flew alongside the train through town. Don't worry, I was fully aware of the power lines for this flight. ;)

That was great! I held my breath at the 1:34 point as you flew over some lines that crossed your path. Was that a mini 2? How far was that? Were you riding along parallel to the tracks in the back of a pickup or was the whole thing done from a stationary point? Excellent!!!

That was great! I held my breath at the 1:34 point as you flew over some lines that crossed your path. Was that a mini 2? How far was that? Were you riding along parallel to the tracks in the back of a pickup or was the whole thing done from a stationary point? Excellent!!!

Haha. Thank you! I took note of the power lines before doing this flight so I knew to avoid them. :) That was a mini 2 yes and I was at a stationary point. I'm by the silver compact car to the left at 1:45.

Went back to watch again (yes I liked it enough to watch again) @ about ;45 on the left, there is a windsock. Is there a heliport over there? I couldn't tell from the video.

Went back to watch again (yes I liked it enough to watch again) @ about ;45 on the left, there is a windsock. Is there a heliport over there? I couldn't tell from the video.

Haha, glad you like it! Was on the bucket list. As for the heliport, there is no heliport there. At least not an active/marked one. A heliport is in town but is currently closed due to needing repairs.

Reactions: Prop Wash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR