DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Followme on mini2, how to improve high wind resistance in virtualsticks mode?

surfbird

Reactions
Hi,

I've been testing my followme app with the mini2 lately. Good progress, and it seems like the gps in the mini2 is one of the best on dji consumer drones so far. Very accurate.
The only downside is that virtualsticks doesnt handle high wind very well mini2. Is there anyway to use sport mode with virtualsticks, or force it into high wind mode? When high wind mode is triggered it allows attitude to 40degrees, but falls back to 25 after a while.

Reactions: CLAYB.7
Exactlly, thats why I did my own. It follow a dual freq gps tracker over 4g.

So back to my question. Is there anyway to improve the wind resistance?

Exactlly, thats why I did my own. It follow a dual freq gps tracker over 4g.

So back to my question. Is there anyway to improve the wind resistance?
If you're looking for something in the SDK to do that, then you might ask on the DJI Developers forum.

EDIT: I just realized that this is in the Mini 2 forum, and I thought the SDK has not yet been released. How are you doing virtual stick on a Mini 2?

Last edited:
I am interested in how it could be done...could you explain more please .....it would be a nice feature to have
I kind of fool the sdk to believe its a mavic air 2, so you can use the sdk. In some cases bypass it all together.
Havn't got the live feed stable though. But its not needed for followme and mapping missions.

Reactions: Sjassie
Give me anything with nuts and bolts and even electricity ...I can take it all apart and fix it...I don't get this LITCHI and SDK virtual stick and all that stuff dual tracking gps over 4g? Keeping an open mind and kind of determined to find out what it is...but I guess it is just symptom of my age ;) for now

I bypass the sdk, and send VS directly to the drone. SDK is just a layer that sends msg to the drone. Very thin layer.
Hi,

can you post some resources/documentation or keywords about that, so that I can find info about it? Is there something on GitHub?
How are the VS commands reaching the drone?

What I understand is, that the SDK is an interface to the DJI system, and as long the SDK does not support the Mini2, Litchi or DroneLink does not support the Mini2.

Hi,

can you post some resources/documentation or keywords about that, so that I can find info about it? Is there something on GitHub?
How are the VS commands reaching the drone?

What I understand is, that the SDK is an interface to the DJI system, and as long the SDK does not support the Mini2, Litchi or DroneLink does not support the Mini2.
Since DJI sooner or later will release the sdk, I havn't looked into it more. I never got the live feed stable. Havnt got any time for the moment.

There is 2 way to do it.
1 You have to send dumldore messages, bypassing the sdk all together.
2 Fake the drone type (and camera) to an air2.

Booth works, but I prefer the second one, since almost everything in the sdk works. Still the live feed goes down sooner o later. It's good enough for followme, but it's quite limited to that or 3d-mapping.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Editing max tilt like in dronehacks or nld maybe?
Yeah thanks, I've tried that, but virtualsticks seems to use the same attitude as P-mode, which cant be set higher than 25. Its a firmware limitation. I don't think that is easy to get around. Anyway, its things like this that could help :)

If anyone have time I to ivestigate, I think the best option is sending sbus commands in a wrapped dumledore msg, the problem is that the RC probably must be disabled sending sbus when doing that. Dont know how to do that.
It might be possible to trigger the high wind mode. When in high wind mode its tilts up to 40degrees, but only for a short time.

Since DJI sooner or later will release the sdk, I havn't looked into it more. I never got the live feed stable. Havnt got any time for the moment.

There is 2 way to do it.
1 You have to send dumldore messages, bypassing the sdk all together.
2 Fake the drone type (and camera) to an air2.

Booth works, but I prefer the second one, since almost everything in the sdk works. Still the live feed goes down sooner o later. It's good enough for followme, but it's quite limited to that or 3d-mapping.
Hi,
many thanks for the answer!
I never figured out to find the right resources to understand how faking the drone type works. And what's a dumldore message?
Regarding these topics, Is there somewhere an introduction on the web, or any github repos? Any magic keyword to google for? Or is the learning curve, to clone the SDK repos from DJI and start to develop? What's needed on the drone, and what's on the Phone, maybe a sidecar app? Is there a archtiectural view of the SDK?
Many questions. :)
I've got 15 Years experience with emdedded SW development, including linux, but here I'm a little bit lost at the moment.
Thanks already for any tip or hint.

Hi,
many thanks for the answer!
I never figured out to find the right resources to understand how faking the drone type works. And what's a dumldore message?
Regarding these topics, Is there somewhere an introduction on the web, or any github repos? Any magic keyword to google for? Or is the learning curve, to clone the SDK repos from DJI and start to develop? What's needed on the drone, and what's on the Phone, maybe a sidecar app? Is there a archtiectural view of the SDK?
Many questions. :)
I've got 15 Years experience with emdedded SW development, including linux, but here I'm a little bit lost at the moment.
Thanks already for any tip or hint.

There is a slack channel as well.

For the moment I don't have much time to spend. I'm working on a opensource python project, kind of node based plugins for programming your flight. Don't know when it will be released though. Just started from scratch :)

Hi,

I've been testing my followme app with the mini2 lately. Good progress, and it seems like the gps in the mini2 is one of the best on dji consumer drones so far. Very accurate.
The only downside is that virtualsticks doesnt handle high wind very well mini2. Is there anyway to use sport mode with virtualsticks, or force it into high wind mode? When high wind mode is triggered it allows attitude to 40degrees, but falls back to 25 after a while.
Hey Brother I just recently got a chance to talk with DJI SUPPORT on TWITTER I follow them on there and I asked them straight up about when will we be getting the SDK update and they got back to me pretty quickly and gave me 2 links to go to and I went there and all it said was it is going to happen but it was going to be just a little bit longer and why it is going to be a little bit longer who knows but I was at least happy to find out that they are going to get it done so I will be going to check it out at least every other week or so to see where they are with getting it done I'll keep letting you guys know what I find out as time goes by so stay posted and God Bless ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser