DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage Comparison - Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Pro vs Mavic Air!

Thanks for your review. I’m glad I didn’t spend twice as much for the Pro2. Didn’t really see any reason to upgrade to Pro or Pro2 based upon my use model. The MA is perfect for my needs.

Reactions: schigity
True. Frankly, I found the Mavic Air footage is quite similar to the mp2. Sometimes I even found it hard to differentiate them when editing. Im glad you like it!

Great comparison video. I have an original MP. To me the MA video was close to the MP2. I was just at Deception Pass a couple weeks ago and going back in about a month. Hoping weather cooperates better next time I’m there to get some footage.

Great comparison video. I have an original MP. To me the MA video was close to the MP2. I was just at Deception Pass a couple weeks ago and going back in about a month. Hoping weather cooperates better next time I’m there to get some footage.
Cheers. Im glad you liked it! My thoughts as well. Its a wicked place, best of luck!

Hi, thanks for the great video. Covers quite a few aspects for the potential buyer. I'm a (new) happy MA owner but if I wanted to be an honest one, and if I could afford it, I would buy the MP2. Portability is a truly great advantage but as I recently discovered, traveling in Thailand, silence is gold! There were many times that staying low profile was absolutely essential. MAir is noisy but the quality of picture is pretty decent. Can't have it all, can you?
Rgs

You see a clear difference in the footage, especially if the comparisons were done in 4K, which none really do. M2P>>MA>MP

Im glad you saw a clear difference! It was uploaded in 4k, but I believe safari doesn't support full play back for Youtube videos if i'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Glamas
Hi, thanks for the great video. Covers quite a few aspects for the potential buyer. I'm a (new) happy MA owner but if I wanted to be an honest one, and if I could afford it, I would buy the MP2. Portability is a truly great advantage but as I recently discovered, traveling in Thailand, silence is gold! There were many times that staying low profile was absolutely essential. MAir is noisy but the quality of picture is pretty decent. Can't have it all, can you?
Rgs

Of course, thanks for watching! Very true, can't have it all. I was pleasantly surprised by the MA in general. I think you're right as the quiet blades however are just one of several things that make this new M2P great, and make it worth the upgrade. If I could only keep one it would easily be the new pro!

Great job comparing the 3. I have the air and am satisfied with it altho I do think the pro 2 is a little better not much but a little. Thanks job well done

Great job comparing the 3. I have the air and am satisfied with it altho I do think the pro 2 is a little better not much but a little. Thanks job well done

Thanks! Really appreciate it and im glad you like it! Yeah my thoughts exactly. A little better but not a huge margin.

Really nice review, thank you. I expect the M2P would show its class more in low light conditions. That's certainly true for my Sony RX100 camera which has the same or very similar 1" sensor. Under good lighting conditions, I agree not much in it.

Really nice review, thank you. I expect the M2P would show its class more in low light conditions. That's certainly true for my Sony RX100 camera which has the same or very similar 1" sensor. Under good lighting conditions, I agree not much in it.

Thank you! I think you're definitely right. I would have liked to have done a low light test at sunset maybe, but so its a bit difficult to try and fly three drones in a short time span to get the same conditions you know.

Thanks for the comparison. I found very little difference between these three drones cam in day light but MS is also right, the true class of a camera shows when you perform in low light. i also agree that operating 3 drones simultaneously requires time and it will effect the density and the angle of light which make some difference in the quality of a video or picture. For that i have a suggestion. Why not 3 good drone pilots perform this testing together. if more pilots are not available then you can decide a time frame for this test lets say around 4 pm or 5 pm and test each drone on the same time with the next date so that all the drones get equal environment to perform. It seems that we are bound to compare everything in our lives these days like health, wealth or mostly tech. I read an article yesterday where they are making comparison websites for free [ revglue(.)com/blog-detail/13-setup-free-uk-mobile-comparison-website ] though i am yet to find a website that compare drones with each other. But i am happy with my Mavic Air and enjoying it immensely.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji