DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage has some weird lines going on. Anyone else?

Lost Boy

Reactions
Was flying in some harsh sunlight, and I noticed on the playback that there's sometimes some lines running across the frame. My bad guess is that maybes its the shadows of the propellers on the lens? Seems to go away depending on where the sun is.

Anyone able to confirm this?

I also have some flickering lines in some of my footage.

The sun is no factor, as it actually tends to be more noticeable in overcast, low light conditions.

It seems to be more prevalent when lots of green is featured in the shot.

I am trying to understand the reason for it but to no avail, at the moment.

I don't think, though, that propellers play a part and am inclined to believe that it might stem from a combination of compression with the selected shutter speed and fps for the prevailing light conditions.

If anyone has occasional similar performance, please advise.

MK

I had the exact same thing, but it only happened while flying in bring light.. I think probably that is prop shadow, with the sun going through the left prop. On some of my test runs when I flew the same path a few times it happened around the same time in the path with the drone at the same angle to the sun each time... but there's always the chance it was something else. I just sent mine back to DJI for jello and the occasional bump in the video I couldn't get rid of, so maybe it's related. Have you guys had jello as well?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Definitely prop shadow- no way around it if the prop is situated between the light source and the lens. Notice how it moves out of the way as you pan the gimbal down.

In my tests running the same route I got with various scenarios (gimbal cover, no cover etc) the only time I didn't see the prop shadow was with a filter on

iPhone 6S

Was flying in some harsh sunlight, and I noticed on the playback that there's sometimes some lines running across the frame. My bad guess is that maybes its the shadows of the propellers on the lens? Seems to go away depending on where the sun is.

Anyone able to confirm this?

I think they're shadows from props.

I also notice that if its cloudy outside and I'm flying Mavic in sunlight then suddenly in a shaded area my crash avoidance sensors go off and the aircraft will suddenly stop . But there is nothing there. It's just a shadow....... pain in the *** sometimes

if you change drone's orientation and they disappear, then it must be shadows.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll