DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage saved on iPad mini..how?

Beej75

Reactions
I recently went for a fly and when I got home the footage was missing from the mini SD card. I was positive I'd pressed record so didn't know where the footage had gone. Turns out it was saved onto my iPad (I use it through my controller). Does anyone know how the footage got saved onto my iPad instead of mini SD?

Only thing I can think is the card wasn't in all the way - if it’s on your iPad you did press record - it will Be hugely downgraded on the iPad too.

What drone? If you have the Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom or the Mavic Air maybe it was recorded to the internal memory on the aircraft.

Insert your SD card to PC / Mac and check it there, if it's empty, insert it back to drone, format it via DJI GO program, record a tiny clip, insert SD into computer again to make sure it recorded to SD card

Reactions: WAXMAN
Indeed. Connect usb directly to drone. I didn’t think it would record a proxy file to the iPad if it wasn’t recording to a card or internal?
It shouldn't have, video is only cached if it is truly recording.

And if the SD was loose on a Mavic not having an internal storage alternative, it wouldn't record at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User