DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For a Very Little Money, You get at Great Smartphone and a DJI Fly App Compatible Phone…

LoudThunder

Part 107 Licensed
Reactions
For a Very Little Money, You get at Great Smartphone and a DJI Fly App Compatible Phone…

This posting is intended for residents of the USA and I do not know if non-residents can take advantage of this…

I fly a DJI Mini 2 and I am using a Galaxy Tab S2 (8" Screen) and a Galaxy Tab A8 (10" Screen). None of the Smart Phones that I've had in the past have been compatible with the Fly App.

I just bought a Tracfone Motorola Moto G Power 2022 (Model Number XT2165DL) from Home Shopping Network (HSN) and it is 100% compatible with the DJI Fly App, Version 1.9.9.

There are several versions of the Moto G on the market and this review is for the Moto G Power 2022; not the Moto G Power 2021, and not for the Moto G Pure, as I have do not have this model. However, you can see reviews for these phones on PhantomHelp, Best Phones and Tablets Web Site…

All the Moto G phones are similar and this graphic is the easiest way to tell them apart without going through setup and digging up the model info.

Three models.png

Now the reason that I am posting this is that I bought the phone new last week and it came with one year of phone service (365 days with 1500 talk minutes, 1500 text messages, and 1.5 GB data) from Home Shopping Network (HSN) for $59.99, with Free Shipping…

The same phone and service from QVC is $104.98…

I started buying Tracfones about 10-years ago. Back then you bought the phone and you bought the service separately. After a couple of years, I found out that HSN and QVC also sold phone with the service included and it was a lot cheaper than the 1-year of service straight from Tracfone, so I started buying new phones from them. And if I liked my old phone more, Tracfone just added the service from the new phone to my old one, and I gave the grandkids the new phone to use for web surfing, game playing, and its camera…

You see, I want my Smart phone to have the four major sensors, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, GPS, and a Magnetometer. Most phones have the first three, but a lot do not have a Magnetometer which means they cannot act as a compass.

Beside that; this phone also has 4 GB Ram, 64 GB Storage, and a 50 megapixel Camera and a whole lot more… Full specifications below…

This is still a great price but just two-weeks ago it was only $49.99, and I do not know how long the price will remain low before they catch up to QVC's price…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun