DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For all Canadian drone pilots that are against the new laws here is a petition you can sign.

Simsstash

Reactions
What are they proposing with you guys? Here in The Netherlands we're also looking to an upcoming law change that doesn't allow you to fly any higher than 50 meters and no further than 100 meters. This with already very wide no fly zones around airports, some national parks, etc.

They act like there's an accident every day while there hasn't been any real problem at all. Some jackass flying near an airport maybe but that because there's no law against being stupid. This will not make anything safer. Just makes me gonna break the law a whole lot more also.

Good luck on your petition

QUOTE="Simsstash, post: 158324, member: 3776"]For all Canadian drone pilots that are against the new laws here is a petition you can sign. I am a strong believer that some laws are put in place for a reason. At the same time some of the laws need to be looked at a little closer due to the fact that we are not allowed to fly pretty much anywhere anymore.

Thank you.

Marc Garneau: Immediate HALT of Transport Canada New Safety Rules for Recreational Drone use in Canada[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Simsstash
Well apparently, holding the drone can be misconstrued and be fined... since you are within "x" meters from it.

Yes the laws are very vague. Even if you were in the middle of a forest 500km away from any city you still would technically be too close to some sort of animal.

This YouTube video I found has some very good points...

Reactions: BluesDragon
What are they proposing with you guys? Here in The Netherlands we're also looking to an upcoming law change that doesn't allow you to fly any higher than 50 meters and no further than 100 meters. This with already very wide no fly zones around airports, some national parks, etc.

They act like there's an accident every day while there hasn't been any real problem at all. Some jackass flying near an airport maybe but that because there's no law against being stupid. This will not make anything safer. Just makes me gonna break the law a whole lot more also.

Good luck on your petition

QUOTE="Simsstash, post: 158324, member: 3776"]For all Canadian drone pilots that are against the new laws here is a petition you can sign. I am a strong believer that some laws are put in place for a reason. At the same time some of the laws need to be looked at a little closer due to the fact that we are not allowed to fly pretty much anywhere anymore.

Thank you.

Marc Garneau: Immediate HALT of Transport Canada New Safety Rules for Recreational Drone use in Canada
[/QUOTE]

Thank you

Signed, I proposed to have a less restrictive zone near airport and heliport but maybe more restrictive height in these zone. Also a greater distance would be appreciated !

Reactions: Simsstash
For all Canadian drone pilots that are against the new laws here is a petition you can sign. I am a strong believer that some laws are put in place for a reason. At the same time some of the laws need to be looked at a little closer due to the fact that we are not allowed to fly pretty much anywhere anymore.

Thank you.

Marc Garneau: Immediate HALT of Transport Canada New Safety Rules for Recreational Drone use in Canada
Hi I'm in nova scotia Canada I have my pilots certificate for the small basic. Some of our regulations are a little over the top. I would like to start a petition to change the fact that drone pilots have to rewrite the basic exam every two years I don't mind paying a small fee to renew my pilot certificate but I don't think it is fair to make us rewrite the exam every two years. Thanks for any info you can give.
Robert

Hi I'm in nova scotia Canada I have my pilots certificate for the small basic. Some of our regulations are a little over the top. I would like to start a petition to change the fact that drone pilots have to rewrite the basic exam every two years I don't mind paying a small fee to renew my pilot certificate but I don't think it is fair to make us rewrite the exam every two years. Thanks for any info you can give.
Robert
I haven't seen anything that states you need to rewrite the test after two years. Where did you see that?

I haven't seen anything that states you need to rewrite the test after two years. Where did you see that?
I seen it on the same site we wrote our online exams on but it is hard to find and I really was not sure so I emaile them and they told me yes we have to rewrite every two years. for safety reasons they say lol

Here is a link to a good explanation of the recency requirements in Canada

There are a number of options other than re-writing the test.

I seen it on the same site we wrote our online exams on but it is hard to find and I really was not sure so I emaile them and they told me yes we have to rewrite every two years. for safety reasons they say lol

Don't need to write the exam again:

Recency Requirements
  • 901.56 (1) No holder of a pilot certificate — small remotely piloted aircraft (VLOS) — basic operations or of a pilot certificate — small remotely piloted aircraft (VLOS) — advanced operations shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system under this Division unless the holder has, within the 24 months preceding the flight,
    • (a) been issued a pilot certificate — small remotely piloted aircraft (VLOS) — basic operations under section 901.55 or a pilot certificate — small remotely piloted aircraft (VLOS) — advanced operations under section 901.64; or
    • (b) successfully completed
      • (i) either of the examinations referred to in paragraphs 901.55(b) and 901.64(b),
      • (ii) a flight review referred to in paragraph 901.64(c), or
      • (iii) any of the recurrent training activities set out in section 921.04 of Standard 921 — Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft in Visual Line-of-Sight (VLOS).
  • (2) The person referred to in subsection (1) shall keep a record of all activities referred to in paragraph (1)(b), including the dates on which they were completed, for at least 24 months after the day on which they were completed.

921.04 Recency Requirements
  • (1) For the purposes of subparagraphs 901.56(1)(b)(iii) and 901.65(1)(b)(iii) of the CARs, any of the following are considered acceptable as recurrent training activities:
    • (a) attendance at a safety seminar endorsed by Transport Canada Aviation;
    • (b) completion of an RPAS recurrent training program designed to update pilot knowledge, which includes, human factors, environmental factors, route planning, operations near aerodromes/airports, and applicable regulations, rules and procedures; or
    • (c) completion of a Transport Canada endorsed self-paced study program, which is designed to update pilot knowledge in the subjects specified in paragraph (b).

So does as a basic drone certificate holder do I have to have proof that I kept my drone flying skills up to date and if so what might that be and where do we find it on the transportation Canada site. Do need to print something to keep on us when flying or take a quiz or something. They don't make things very clear on their site .

So does as a basic drone certificate holder do I have to have proof that I kept my drone flying skills up to date and if so what might that be and where do we find it on the transportation Canada site. Do need to print something to keep on us when flying or take a quiz or something. They don't make things very clear on their site .
You'll probably see more information posted in six months to a year from now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ