DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For all the Air 2 s doubters .....

ninja_geezer

Reactions
For all the Air 2 s doubters ,this guy says it as it is no bull just facts.....and he makes me laugh..:p:p

There is a lot to love , I agree with all that, He did not touch on the stronger gimbal when recording in extreme winds is a huge plus for the AIR 2S :p Great for us Storm Chasers.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2S in the Rain.

Reactions: ravem43
Reactions: bkushner
For all the Air 2 s doubters ,this guy says it as it is no bull just facts.....and he makes me laugh..:p:p

Maybe it's the many "newbies" buying the Air2S, but there seems to be A LOT of issues with it straight out of the gate. You'd think DJI would have gotten this one from the get go, but seems not.

I'll stick with my plain jane old Air2 for right now. It does exactly what I need it for. Yes, a larger sensor would be nice.

Maybe it's the many "newbies" buying the Air2S, but there seems to be A LOT of issues with it straight out of the gate. You'd think DJI would have gotten this one from the get go, but seems not.

I'll stick with my plain jane old Air2 for right now. It does exactly what I need it for. Yes, a larger sensor would be nice.
Interesting. What issues are you referring to? BTW, I'm not a "newbie" :)

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the video. He comes across as honest and genuine which I appreciate. I also like that he was direct and kept it to what he knows.

One thing that really annoys me is when YT creators try and tell you what you should do, what's best for you, or really stretch the boundaries of their knowledge/experience. I get it, some people just want to be told what to buy, but there is definitely a tipping point with that. I watched a video where one creator told his audience that basically everyone should buy a mini 2, and the air 2s is too expensive given the mavic 3 is expected to be released soon. I had to stop watching because most of what he was saying made zero sense unless you were a mini 2 owner looking for validation. I think sometimes new creators feel they need to do controversial videos to get clicks. No, just create good content and people will watch. Who hasn't watched a video on something completely irrelevant to them just because the content was good and interesting?

Reactions: Dan AISCF
This guy tells it like it is and is hysterical with his honesty. For the price there is no other drone that delivers what the Air 2S does. The Mavic 3 - sure - and more-than-likely $300-$400 more. I'm totally enjoying my Air 2S up here at 8,600 feet in Boulder. Had it in wind 20-25mph and it's unbelievably stable and has no issues coming back to me. I had the Mini 2 and yes it too is a great drone, however, in higher winds up here, at 25mph, I was very concerened about it coming back in a head wind or blowing away. If you don't have to deal with weather and can get by without the 1" sensor, the Mini 2 is also a great.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
This guy tells it like it is and is hysterical with his honesty. For the price there is no other drone that delivers what the Air 2S does. The Mavic 3 - sure - and more-than-likely $300-$400 more. I'm totally enjoying my Air 2S up here at 8,600 feet in Boulder. Had it in wind 20-25mph and it's unbelievably stable and has no issues coming back to me. I had the Mini 2 and yes it too is a great drone, however, in higher winds up here, at 25mph, I was very concerened about it coming back in a head wind or blowing away. If you don't have to deal with weather and can get by without the 1" sensor, the Mini 2 is also a great.
the main reason i got the Air2s and retired the mini2 was because I fly against mountains in open areas where in spring/fall the winds are always in the 20s and the mini was just not stable enough. The air2 still gets moved a bit, for being the same wind rating its a very noticeable difference.

No Mavic 3 at this point - so any and all would be pure speculation.

My Air2 is great. While it may not have the larger sensor - it still takes awesome pics and video's.

I've got a Mini 1 and have not flown it in about a year now. Keeping for travel overseas.

tbh i think i would have if not the fact i managed to get a full refund for my latest air 2 ,so it cost me £200 extra so a no brainer for me.

I think the Mavic 3 when it arrives will be nearer 2k for the fly more..

• Wow
Reactions: RazorV
One advantage of the 2S over the M2P would be that the 310 gram difference in weight is treated differently in the EU for requirements.

The cutoffs are 250g, 900g (M2P is a few grams over), 4kg and 25kg.

It’s also a matter of balance, which I’ll get into in the techniques below. No matter what you’re cooking, or what heat source you’re using, the aim is always the same: apply heat at the right level, and at the right rate, so that the surface of the food and its interior are done cooking at the same time.

I tried the Air2S thinking it could replace my "out of refresh" M2P, but returned it the next week. No option for autonomous flight (native waypoints), nor does it have the sensors needed by me for POI safe flight as I am focusing on gimbal control (saved me a few times). While I realize that the aperture has minimal impact on a 1" sensor for photos, it still saves me from bringing it home to change or adjust ND filters to accomplish the "180" rule for motion blur purity. I also experienced instability in windy conditions, something that makes me nervous. Another issue was the battery consumption in sport mode (FPV fun), as it seemed to drain extremely fast.

I did appreciate that my smart controller (you really think that is a piece of s**t?) was compatible out of the gate (nothing they have done before), and it seemed more nimble in calm conditions. I think it is a killer drone for the masses, but falls short of professionals.

But since you don't give a **** about what others think, you likely won't read or care about my opinion....

Certainly impressive, but the physical stability of the drone is nuts in that wind, something that I would never do with any drone. Having the software and gimbal compensate for the physical instability does not make me feel warm and fuzzy about flying in windy conditions. Watching that A2S that I returned just made me nervous about how it was getting thrown around in moderate breezes compared to the M2P. Since I fly a distance away sometimes over rivers with lots of trees/branches, having a good gust come down the river channel and blow me up into an overhanging branch then crashing into the water is too much for me (even though the smooth video of river diving would be great!).

Reactions: DBT_Drone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22