DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For the folks in Southern Ireland/Eire, what are the rules around the Cliffs of Moher and Slieve League, especially with consideration of AGL height?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I have been to the Cliffs of Moher decades ago and it was jaw dropping.
With a, wind permitting, drone flight in mind - over the lip, down and up, and maybe a 400ft MSL flight out to sea and back and or a 'stood off' traverse in mind I am tempted to return, if petrol prices ever drop.
I did not know of Slieve League back then and it looks impressive but it appears primarily 'sloped' so the drone's height limits are less doubtful.

You are right. The Cliffs of Mother are one of the most spectacular sights in Ireland. Pure speculation on my part, but with all the Puffins nesting on the cliffs and flying about, I would suspect drone flight is quite frowned upon.

At the (amazing) Cliffs of Moher the winds were too high to fly my M2P (see link below--photo from a tripod-mounted camera).

But the day at Slieve League was a good one, the link below is a 360 degree panorama. The wind, however, was still an issue so I only flew a bit away from the cliff. Another pilot was there with his M2P and he landed quickly due to high wind warnings from his controller.

As for drone rules, I registered with the IAA ahead of time (sticker on the drone), and followed their rules--there were no anti-drone signs.

Slieve League: momento360.com/e/uc/cef4058233db45d19a1d8fd0d5d7f951?utm_...
Cliffs of Moher:

Last edited:
Reactions: PaJi and CvCow
Not sure about SL but flying a drone at the cliffs is prohibited and monitored by their security staff so be careful where you take off from!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929