DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those of you that want both cameras.

NH Phantom

Reactions
So I'm looking to buy a Mavic 2 but cant decide on which one. I'm not professional photographer.
Now that you can get the cameras separate and swapping doesn't look to tough to do. I'm thinking to just get a second camera.
Amazon has the Zoom for $1178 and the pro camera is $595. For a total of $1773. The Pro is $1446 and the zoom camera is $495.For a total of $1941. (I've seen zoom cameras on ebay for $320 but don't know if they are OEM DJI) Anyway looks like the Zoom with the Pro camera is the wat to go. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: jcpkkmw
Sounds like a plan, just keep in mind swapping the camera on your own will void your DJI warranty. To keep your warranty you must send your Mavic 2 into DJI to have it swapped out. I will probably buy the Zoom camera for my M2P after my warranty and DJI Refresh expires, by then I'm guessing the cameras will be a bit cheaper too.

Reactions: Inspirephil
That has been my plan all along. Was hoping the pro camera was going to be a little cheaper though.

Reactions: tfj
Sounds like a plan, just keep in mind swapping the camera on your own will void your DJI warranty. To keep your warranty you must send your Mavic 2 into DJI to have it swapped out. I will probably buy the Zoom camera for my M2P after my warranty and DJI Refresh expires, by then I'm guessing the cameras will be a bit cheaper too.
A chance one has to take I guess. Never had a warranty issue in over 5 years of using DJI stuff. Probably wouldn't send it to DJI for any reason anyway.

From what I have read here, most people dont like the DJI repair sevice, sending refurbs when an owner has low hours and the long wait times, etc.
I purchased Refresh with my first Mavic and will never again purchase it, its cheaper to fix issues yourself or elswhere. I will never send my drones to DJI unless Im forced to, example-product failure.etc.

So I'm looking to buy a Mavic 2 but cant decide on which one. I'm not professional photographer.
Now that you can get the cameras separate and swapping doesn't look to tough to do. I'm thinking to just get a second camera.
Amazon has the Zoom for $1178 and the pro camera is $595. For a total of $1773. The Pro is $1446 and the zoom camera is $495.For a total of $1941. (I've seen zoom cameras on ebay for $320 but don't know if they are OEM DJI) Anyway looks like the Zoom with the Pro camera is the wat to go. Any thoughts on this?
Get enterprise

Not being able to decide between isn't much of a reason to even consider buying both.
While swapping cameras is possible it isn't something you'd be doing every week, it will be fiddly and not without some risk.

It’s pretty straightforward by the looks of things. Couple of screws and a ribbon cable and you’re done.

That said you are of course increasing the risk of damaging the main board by unplugging / plugging in the ribbon cable multiple times.

Although this sounds like a good idea I just purchased a simple order from DJI and during shipping my order was lost by FedEx and it has been over a month before it was resolved. And I still haven’t received it yet.

Reactions: ColinF
I recently purchased the Inspire photographer decal from you and after placing it on my car I posted it on Facebook and it received NUMEROUS negative reviews saying that it was an invitation for breakins of the car. So much for positive feedback!

Do you have links to the cameras on Amazon?

Reactions: Kiddthewarrior
Ebay is your friend. In the UK the Zoom module is £260 or so and the Pro £650.

But the OP said "on Amazon" and I was unable to see them. I hate Ebay, lots of fakes and poor customer service IMHO. Thanks though.

But the OP said "on Amazon" and I was unable to see them. I hate Ebay, lots of fakes and poor customer service IMHO. Thanks though.

To be honest the same third party sellers are on both these days but understand your point. Pay via PayPal and you’re pretty well protected.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett