DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

force landing

jonitus

Reactions
Hello. i have bit problem my mavic start to force land sometimes when im lowering the altitude it can be stopped by pressing left stick up but it still wonders me. Could it detect snow or something. Im thinking it could be frost when lowering the altitude because weather is cold but the bottom of the craft is warm. temperature is about 32F. bit windy tho but no warnings this time. no snow or dirt etc on the sensors.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-12-31_[14-04-50].txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Light reflection is know to effect the sensors so it could be thinking is close to the grond and going into landing mode, try with the sensors turn off.

Reactions: jonitus
Last edited:
Light reflection is know to effect the sensors so it could be thinking is close to the grond and going into landing mode, try with the sensors turn off.
Okay thank you. Just wondering can it detect reflection on that height ~250-300feet. On sport mode (sensors off) no problems so far

Last edited:
@jonitus, this usually happens when the downward sensors incorrectly detect the ground is near (e.g. common when some 3rd party landing gear is installed). Your flight log shows the sensors were detecting something at 0 feet away right before Forced Landing mode was enabled (see below). Perhaps it was frost? I'm not sure what else would have been so close to the sensors.

Log.jpg

Last edited:
@jonitus, this usually happens when the downward sensors incorrectly detect the ground is near (e.g. common when some 3rd party landing gear is installed). Your flight log shows the sensors were detecting something at 0 feet away right before Forced Landing mode was enabled. Perhaps it was frost? I'm not sure what else would have been so close to the sensors.
This has happened me to this winter two seperate flights. I dont have any extra accesories on my drone but the weather was bit same.

I'm not sure why it happened, but it can be avoided if you make a conscious effort to not move the throttle stick to the full down position mid-flight.

I'm not sure why it happened, but it can be avoided if you make a conscious effort to not move the throttle stick to the full down position mid-flight.
I try to remember that thanks for help :)

Can you have give your opinion when sensors sees something in ~300feet when coming down but not constatly
Got a flight log that shows that?

Got a flight log that shows that?
i have bit older flight log when i noticed it first time about week ago, it says the same thing than this new one but only difference was location and it did it twice and different height always not the same heigth.

If you load the flight log we can take a look at it to see if the altitude reading suddenly drops to zero

If you load the flight log we can take a look at it to see if the altitude reading suddenly drops to zero
Do you mean log to my mavic straight? I cant connect my mavic with my pc or others pc. Tried different cables and so on. Sadly apple products isnt avaible.

Okay some update with this. Today i was flying but then app prompt ultra sonic error. I landed as the app adviced and restarted craft error went away. I didnt have even my vps on, or does it remain somekinda on, not completely off when disabling vision positioning... Maybe time to warranty huh?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929