DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forcing firmware updates?

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
New to drones and I am trying to soak up all of the mavic pro info in here ... my drone arrived yesterday and after reading this forum for the last week or so was not planning on updating the firmware due to all of the negative posts regarding geofencing / NFZ / etc ...

But after firing up the controller and drone yesterday (I haven't flown it yet) unnoticed the big red banner on my screen prompting me to update the firmware

So what am I missing? I have read that updating it is a mistake but it appears I am grounded until I do it.

New to drones and I am trying to soak up all of the mavic pro info in here ... my drone arrived yesterday and after reading this forum for the last week or so was not planning on updating the firmware due to all of the negative posts regarding geofencing / NFZ / etc ...

But after firing up the controller and drone yesterday (I haven't flown it yet) unnoticed the big red banner on my screen prompting me to update the firmware

So what am I missing? I have read that updating it is a mistake but it appears I am grounded until I do it.

Ignore it, that's what I do and it flies just fine

Reactions: grizzard

Reactions: grizzard
I got mine in January and have never upgraded FW. I am still on 200 with no issues at all. I have read so many negative things about upgrading that I have just left it alone. Don't fix what is not broken. I am 6 miles from a class C airport and am afraid if I update it will mistakenly tell me I am in a NFZ and ground me. Any reasons I should update? I have Goggles coming and have heard you need at least 700 for head following to work. DJI Assistant tells me today I only have 800 and 900 as optional FW. Two weeks ago I had 550, 600, 700 and 800 as options.

I got mine in January and have never upgraded FW. I am still on 200 with no issues at all. I have read so many negative things about upgrading that I have just left it alone. Don't fix what is not broken. I am 6 miles from a class C airport and am afraid if I update it will mistakenly tell me I am in a NFZ and ground me. Any reasons I should update? I have Goggles coming and have heard you need at least 700 for head following to work. DJI Assistant tells me today I only have 800 and 900 as optional FW. Two weeks ago I had 550, 600, 700 and 800 as options.

I made the mistake of updating the day after it arrived. Made the assumption that I could not lift off after reviewing the notice. But after reading your post it sounds like they are going to force an update on everyone eventually?

Btw I liive in a nice normal neighborhood & after i did update my controller showed NFZ ... and wouldn't you know it there is a tiny small craft airport about 4 miles away. I can't fly my new done in my own yard.

I made the mistake of updating the day after it arrived. Made the assumption that I could not lift off after reviewing the notice. But after reading your post it sounds like they are going to force an update on everyone eventually?

Btw I liive in a nice normal neighborhood & after i did update my controller showed NFZ ... and wouldn't you know it there is a tiny small craft airport about 4 miles away. I can't fly my new done in my own yard.
Turn off your internet before you turn everything on, see if that helps

6Esrf5t.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent