DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Forgot my ND Filters at home and paid for it.

I dont know, I dont think its that bad. Sure you could have added more motion blur with the filter but in the end still nice to see. I agree it would have been more cinematic but the subject is not exactly cinematic. I follow you but I still think you did a nice job.

You videoed it...took the time to edit it and posted it...no reason for negative criticism...thanks for sharing it with us...the scenery was beautiful...although I think the windmills take away from otherwise naturally beautiful scenes...for some reason those old ones in The Netherlands are a lot more aesthetically pleasing to the eye ;)
1633271338033.png

Not so jerky. But having to rely on ND filters is the main reason why I prefer variable aperture so I have some control with or without the filters.

If I had a video like I wouldn't complain. I get it, we are our own worst critics. I get you were looking for a specific final production, but I think it's good. It seemed smooth to me.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
Very nice! Personally, I didn't see any jerking.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I have the Mavic2Zoom and have the same problem. The video is nice by the way. Sunsets are tricky, going from not facing the sun to facing the sun I believe needs to be a conscious and deliberate decision. As of lately I have been putting on the ND filters anytime there is potential need, and rarely go up without first determining if I need sunglasses or not ! Luckily we can edit post flight !

Not so jerky. But having to rely on ND filters is the main reason why I prefer variable aperture so I have some control with or without the filters.
But ND filters are a waste and not usable! (According to some!).

Video looked fine to me, yet you never want to point the camera into the sun. ND's won't even help that.

You videoed it...took the time to edit it and posted it...no reason for negative criticism...thanks for sharing it with us...the scenery was beautiful...although I think the windmills take away from otherwise naturally beautiful scenes...for some reason those old ones in The Netherlands are a lot more aesthetically pleasing to the eye ;)
View attachment 135672
Definitely better for a coloring book

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: RMS001
My guess what you're seeing is the thin side of the Blade flexing. There is no rocking of the blades as I always thought. I talked with someone today who use to work on them in the field. So the odd motion you see must be from flexing.

The motion of the turbine blades is jerky, ruining an otherwise acceptable video.
. If this is jerky and unacceptable, then I wish I had the ability to produce jerky and unacceptable videos, just like you do. I though it was fine.

Amazing video from all aspects. It happens sometimes that I personally forget to put the ND filters but overall, magic can happen with the edit.

keep it up :)

Reactions: Manuforti
But ND filters are a waste and not usable! (According to some!).

Video looked fine to me, yet you never want to point the camera into the sun. ND's won't even help that.
I don't think that ND filters are a waste and do remain useable. They are just a royal pain for fixed aperture cameras. They make little distance for long range shots, but do offer some help when you get closer to a subject where motion blur would be expected.

I don't own ND filters for my Mini 2 but do have them for my Mavic 2 Pro. However I have them to be able to stay in the sharpest f stop range of the M2, somewhere around f4, but I know I can be in the ballpark in terms of exposure and just take my best guess which ND filter would allow me to stay at 1/60sec. A 2-4 stop range is much easier to deal with on the fly than a fixed aperture. But in regard to ND filters, I find the best filter for me are my PolarPro gradients. I know that 80% of the time I'm going too have sky and ground shot together and the gentle gradient helps keep things in balance and makes dynamic range so much easier to deal with. When I'm shooting only at the ground it isn't that severe that I even really notice much if at all. There are almost no instances when I'm shooting ONLY sky and some ground isn't in the picture. PolarPro is the only company I know of that made gradients for DJI drones, but have since discontinued them. I have no idea why other companies haven't picked up on it as IMO they are more useful than straight ND filters. JMO

Reactions: Karlewski
I use ND filters, usually an 8 or 32 if mid day, all they time. Way smoother video. But I cheaped out and bought Amazon’s SunnyLife ones. They add a distinct brown tinge which is ugly. I have to clean it up with a colour shift in Final Cut Pro, impossible to match to non ND or handheld camera video otherwise. Stay away from these if you arent comfortable colour grading in post. And if you dont know what that means, stay away!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka