DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Formatted the Memory Card in DJI Mini by mistake

SNS

Reactions
Hi all, I recorded some video and photos onto a car in my newly purchased Mini. Stupidly I re-formatted in the Mini it as the shots were rubbish. What I did not realise was the card had lots of photos., and video from a GoPro on it. I had got cards mixed up!. Is there anyway I can "un-format"?

There are a lot of programs that can or at least should recover a formatted SD card as long as you haven't written over any of it.
Try a google search some programs are free, I have no idea how good any of them are but got to be worth a try.

Cyborg thankyou. I'll try looking through Google now. So stupid of me me but, perhaps things might/may be redeemable.

Reactions: Hauptmann
That’s a new one on me,I thought when you reformatted your card all was gone. I’ve heard of programs that could retrieve
corrupt cards. Learn something new everyday. You find a program that does it please share.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
That’s a new one on me,I thought when you reformatted your card all was gone. I’ve heard of programs that could retrieve
corrupt cards. Learn something new everyday. You find a program that does it please share.

It depends on the type of format. The quickest high-level format just marks all the data blocks as free but doesn't actually erase (i.e. overwrite) the existing file data, which can still be read directly and the files reconstructed.

It depends on the type of format. The quickest high-level format just marks all the data blocks as free but doesn't actually erase (i.e. overwrite) the existing file data, which can still be read directly and the files reconstructed.

Well thankyou sar104. I'll check with my youngest son you fit the format. There may be hope yet then?

2nd vote for Recuva. Do not use the card until you try recovery. The data should still be there until overwritten by new data.

2nd vote for Recuva. Do not use the card until you try recovery. The data should still be there until overwritten by new data.
Will do, it's a relief all sorts on that card. I have now emailed son to check what format process he used. car has had nothing new added, drone would drown in this weather!

I also had some success using Recuva, good luck!

I also had some success using Recuva, good luck!
Well, I just need, with son's 'hands on' to get stuck in and try - we'll see if it solves the problem. Was your data saved on the card from a DJI Drone, or from another camera system. I seem to have lost both stills and video from a GoPro Black that were stored on the card..

... Was your data saved on the card from a DJI Drone, or from another camera system. I seem to have lost both stills and video from a GoPro Black that were stored on the card..
It doesn't matter where the files originated, they are just files. What matters is they are not overwritten.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR