DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fort Myers Beach at Lovers Key

ChrisW81

Reactions
Hey guys, new to the forum here. Florida State Parks prohibit drones from flying in State Parks. My question is whether I can launch from my boat off off the State Park Beach and fly around the area but not directly over/into the State Park.
I've seen many people take off from the beach on Lovers Key State Park but thought I would ask anyways.
Thanks for any help here.
Location is Fort Myers, FL., Lover's Key State Park.

Not sure about state parks but I've read where it's technically legal to fly into a national park as long as you take off outside the park. But I've never tested it. Headed to your area next week.

Reactions: dpoupard
I’ve heard about that too. Some do allow fight if a supervisor posts the OK sign to fly. But from what I’ve been told and also finally found on the Florida state park sites is that I can takeoff and land “outside” the boundaries of a state park and be fine.
Thanks for the reply and hope your visit here doesn’t coincide with nasty weather like today.

I believe you are only restricted from flying over or in National, not State parks. I live here and am unaware of any laws restricting "STATE" park flights.

AFAIK Lovers Key is safe for flying, although flying off a boat can be problematic...which is a whole other story

Lovers Key is outside RSW Class C and even then the shore side Class C starts at 1200'

Say hello to the jets going into RSW they are always on right downwind over Lovers Key, and then there are people like me skirting the Class C at 1000' flying down to the Keys

I plan on doing some flying at the Lovers Key Dog Beach in 3 weeks...

I can tell you from the pictures I have taken from 1000' in the Cessna 172, and the pictures I try to grab when I am flying commercially into RSW as a passenger, there are some stunning pictures to be had. Shallow water white sands make for good pictures, hopefully the red tide and other assorted problems have abated and you get blue water ( and not blue hairs)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61