DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision Sensor - Calibration Error precision - Hovering and Obstacle - Avoidance May Fail

bassnbeau

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is it possible that the forward and downward avoidance sensors to fog over when taking my Mavic Pro out to fly in 17 degree weather? My controller started to beep rapidly and I get a "Check App" reading. On the Go 4 app I get something like "Forward Vision Sensor - Calibration Error :precision - Hovering and Obstacle - Avoidance May Fail". Should I have hovered for awhile to warm everything up? Went out the next day and flew in 34 degree weather and had no problem.

Reactions: dylanthecat
Is it possible that the forward and downward avoidance sensors to fog over when taking my Mavic Pro out to fly in 17 degree weather? My controller started to beep rapidly and I get a "Check App" reading. On the Go 4 app I get something like "Forward Vision Sensor - Calibration Error :precision - Hovering and Obstacle - Avoidance May Fail". Should I have hovered for awhile to warm everything up? Went out the next day and flew in 34 degree weather and had no problem.
it is possible if you go from very warm place to very cold outdoors bit like your glasses mist over just check and wipe lenses with a soft tissue before you fly

it is possible if you go from very warm place to very cold outdoors bit like your glasses mist over just check and wipe lenses with a soft tissue before you fly
Thanks, appreciate the reply...........I should have put this thread on the Mavic Pro section.......sorry about that......I will blame it on OMS.....Old Man Syndrone, am 72

Thanks, appreciate the reply...........I should have put this thread on the Mavic Pro section.......sorry about that......I will blame it on OMS.....Old Man Syndrone, am 72
know the feeling well i am almost 72 happy flying

If you can’t remember where you left your car keys that’s not a problem. If you try to start your toaster with them that’s a problem.

How about 80th coming up in a couple months and fly every chance I get and love it.

It does my heart good to read about folks like yourself, slkfis. I'm not quite there yet but I'm dang proud of you for being so active with your drone. You go, dude! :)

It also can work the other way around. I took my camera from an air-conditioned house outside on a hot and humid day and the lens completely fogged over.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hello, I have the same issue.. ie getting the same error message "Forward Vision Sensor - Calibration Error Precision". I tried to draw the square and follow the instruction but failed.. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy