DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Drone Near Moab UT

moabdrone

Reactions
Hey, so I was driving out of a park in the Moab area on 6/27, when I almost ran over something on the side of the road. I stopped to check what it was and found it was a Mavic Pro drone. I grabbed it hoping to return it to a ranger at the visitor center/pay booth but both were abandoned, and nobody was around. Rather than just leaving it there I brought it with me hoping I could find some sort of contact information to get the drone back to its owner. I have completed my cross country road trip an have now had an opportunity to try and find the owner. Unfortunately there was no contact info on the drone, the battery, or any sort of contact file on the SD card, and the drone was no registered with the FAA.

If you lost a drone in the area, tell me what park you were illegally flying it in ;p, and give me some information verifying your ownership, and I'll find some way to send it back to you. After you write a 2000 word essay on why you are a [Language Removed by Admin] and what you learned from the experience.

From what I can tell said owners are from South America, likely Colombia.

Last edited by a moderator:
KUDOS to you for making an attempt to locate the owner. Maybe they will see this and offer you a REWARD!

It's a shame they didn't put any identifying information on it. I'd wait a few months then buy a controller and fly it yourself if no one claims it.

Reactions: AMann and dawgpilot
Well I feel a bit sheepish, reading your story, I’ll be sellotaping my info to the battery housing before I fly again, thank you for a well aimed kick up the rear, I’ll also be asking my children about the personal info on the sd card, I had no idea. Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll